c h a p t e r 2 1

"Good morning girls, I hope you will be excited about this week's challenge!" Marcus announced over breakfast, "It's your turn to show off what you got, it's talent show night!"

Oh crap.

EIGHT HOURS TILL SHOWTIME

I was sitting with the girls in Destiny's room and you could say I was slightly panicking. I was never someone who loved the spotlight and attention. At school when plays were compulsory I would be the person behind the scenes, and if that was not an option I would be a prop like a tree, or a sheep – literally the most insignificant role ever. School talent shows, being a cheerleader even playing in the damn school band was out of the question. Stages, performing, freaking public speaking, presentations and basically standing in front of people was all a big no from me. Maybe it stemmed from shyness, and probably some insecurity issues but ultimately I just was not a fan. I had completely forgotten that the talent show was a component of the show, and honestly, if I had known, probably would have insisted that I didn't go, I hated it that much.

And what the heck was I supposed to do?!

I wasn't gifted with a magical voice, unlike Jasmine who was practicing her song again for the 50th time. I couldn't play an instrument, speak poetry, freaking rap, dance, do acrobats and spin sticks that were on fire. Why did this have to be compulsory, just let the people who wanted to show off show off and leave the rest of us, talentless people, aka only me, alone. It's not like I could write a blog post and post it while on stage. Any person could do that.

I was stressing out just sitting in the room with all the other girls, so I fled back to my room and put on some gym clothes before hurrying down to the gym.

SIX HOURS TILL SHOWTIME

I took a deep big breath and let it out again before inhaling half of my water bottle. I was drenched in sweat, my face was red, I probably smelt super bad and my hair which once was in braids was a complete mess. I took my boxing gloves off and shoved them in my gym bag.

"Hey beautiful," I whipped around and saw Noah standing at the doorway. He was smirking at me as he took in my appearance, "Don't you have a talent show tonight to practice for?"

I groaned, "Don't remind me," I whined. He came over and wrapped his arms around me. Thank God the gym was empty. I struggled away from him, pushing my hands against his chest, "Noah, I'm so gross right now."

He rolled his eyes, "I don't know what you're talking about princess." He moved his arm so his hand could hold my chin and he kissed my lips lightly. My heart melted at how cute he was, but my brain wouldn't stop reminding me that I needed a shower ASAP.

He pulled away and I saw amusement lingering in his eyes, "So what are you going to do tonight baby?"

Of course he would bring it up. Again. Even though I've been stressing over the dang talent show ever since it was brought up.

"I'm going to sing everyone to death at this rate," I mumble grumpily but his laugh makes the corners of my lips turn up a little bit.

"Baby girl, you'll smash it," he says as he kisses my sweaty forehead (gross I know) right before his trainer comes in.

ONE AND A HALF HOURS TILL SHOWTIME

Ok this was getting ridiculous. Even Jordan, who wasn't even on the show, could do something if she had to. I was watching mix a song on her decks in her hotel room while I sat in my pajamas on the bed pretending to watch the movie that was Foxtel was playing but really was not paying any attention at all. All the other contestants were getting ready at this stage for tonight. Some girls were even looking forward to this night out of all of the weeks. I honestly was considering bailing at this point and just say I got the flu or diarrhea. No one would question that, right?

Jordan pulled her headphones off and rolled her eyes when she looked at me, "Come on Taylor, there's got to be something you can do. Stop sulking and think".

Just because she got something she can do, "I don't see why you can't just premix a song and I pretend to DJ by just pressing playing and pretend to press buttons."

She shook her head, "Nope, no way you are going anywhere near my decks."

I groaned and slumped further into her bed pulling the blankets right over my head. It's quiet for a moment as she puts all her equipment away.

"Oh my god Taylor, that's it!" She exclaims and I try and stop another groan from coming out of my mouth. So far she's suggested; pole dancing, hula hooping and painting on stage. I peak my head out from under the blankets and watch her as she stares at the TV.

"Um. what are you on about?"

She points at the screen, "This, oh my gosh as if we haven't thought of this".

I look at what she's watching and recognise the scene from Miss Congeniality at coincidentally enough their talent show, where Sandra Bullock shows off all her self-defense moves.

Oh my god.

She looks back at me and sees my smile, "Do you remember what Uncle Travis taught you three years ago?"

I nod and shout out, "I freaking love you Jordan, you're the best!" As I run to my hotel room to get ready.

10 MINS BEFORE SHOWTIME

Despite the fact that I was about to go on stage in front of an audience filled with family members, friends, and some very competitive girls, I was comfortable. It probably had to do with the fact that I was in my usual everyday outfit being a pair of gym leggings, a high impact sports bra, and my favourite Nikes.

Instead of filming at The Hub, we were filming in a mini theatre room that the hotel had let us rent out. I peaked out of the side of the stage and saw that the audience was quite full. My heart sank when I saw Alicia and Stacey strut their way down the middle and kick two teenage girls out from the front row. I rolled my eyes before walk backstage.

Marcus and Noah appeared all dressed up in their black and white Tuxedo's looking fine. Noah raised a curious eyebrow at my outfit but of course, didn't say anything in front of everyone. It was understandable though, everyone else was glammed up in dresses, leotards, ball gowns and tutus. Some girls even questioned if I was doing anything tonight.

"Gather around girls, it's showtime!" Marcus yelled.

A/N: Hey lovelies, sorry for the wait, uni's back 😅 

QOTU: last concert you have gone to? xx