c h a p t e r 14

One perk to being a part of the show was the extensive amount of free time we had. Besides spending one day in the week to film a challenge, depending on what it is, and one Sunday to broadcast eliminations live, we had five whole other days free.

This was one perk that led to super spontaneous decisions, the main culprit or mastermind as she likes to be called: my best friend Jordan. What decision? A freaking three-day getaway to Cuba.

It all started the morning after the Beauty and Brains challenge, the five of us being; Alana, Destiny, Jordan, Jasmine and myself had decided we wanted a change from the cafeteria breakfast and went to a nearby café which was a quick drive to get to. We were seated outside and realised that it was right across the Hub which made it handy in case we ever wanted a quick escape from filming at the Hub. Once we were served, with the best food ever might I add, two familiar figures walked out of the Hub lugging their gym bags. They seemed to had recognised straight away and headed towards us before we realised that it was Noah and Nicholas.

They then decided that they wanted to join our little girl fest which meant that the poor waitress had to reconfigure the tables to fit for seven people and serve two more. Somehow I ended up next to Noah. Everything was fine and light-hearted until Havana by Camilla Cabello played in the background through the café's speakers.

"I've always wanted to go to Cuba," Alana said wistfully and Jasmine agreed, "Same here, it looks so good!"

Everyone else seemed to agree which resulted in Jordan saying, "Let's go then, right now."

That shut everyone up. We kind of all just looked at her blankly, as if she just said that we randomly catch a random flight to another country the same day with no planning whatsoever. Oh wait, that's right, she did.

All it took though was for that one person to agree, to encourage her and everyone else further. That person was Nicholas.

"Yeah, let's do it. We'll find the cheapest flight this afternoon and book it, it's like a 2-hour flight which is barely anything. And accommodation split between the seven of us will be basically nothing."

Then everyone else's approval of this insane plan trickled in starting with Destiny saying, "I'm in".

I was the last person to say anything, and everyone was looking at me expectantly. To be honest, I was kind of surprised Noah wanted to go.

"Umm, let me check my bank account first," I joked but at the same wasn't really and pulled out my phone to actually check. Jordan rolled her eyes, "Come on Taylor, we can all chip in for your flight if you want and you can pay us –."

"No way," I interrupted. I had $354.25 to my name exactly. Most of it came from my blog, a part of it though came from my fights back home. I'm pretty sure I had some cash stuffed in my bag somewhere from a few winnings as well.

"So, how cheap are these flights?" I asked.

Jordan and Nicholas were scrolling on their phones.

"Umm, cheapest one today is... $190 return?"

Oh lordy.

"And accommodation?"

This time Destiny spoke up, "I found a Bed and Breakfast which is in right in town, split between the 7 of us it's like $95 each".

I would have $70 to spend.

"Come on Taylor," Jordan says, "Be spontaneous, it's a team effort so we'll all chip in".

"Ok, ok," I sighed, no way would I hear the end of this from her if I didn't agree, "I'm in."

Jordan giggled, "Good, because I just bought flights for everyone, ya'll owe me $190".

Now, the seven of us were currently sitting on an American Airlines plane to Cuba at 6:54pm Miami time. I was sitting next to Noah in one of the side aisles, which I'm 95% Jordan arranged on purpose. He let me have the window seat which was sweet and so far I had spent most of the time looking at all the lights underneath us, except now there was nothing but darkness as we flew over water.

Turning back to the front in my seat, I noticed that Noah was passing time reading the airline's menu.

"Anything good?" I asked him.

He shook his head, "I don't get why food is so expensive on flights, like $10 for a meat pie, I don't think so". I laughed at his grumblings but also agreed.

He put the menu away and turned to me, "Are you excited?"

I nodded, "Yeah, I've always wanted to go to Cuba".

"Same here, one of my friends from college is from Cuba and he always brags about how nice it is, so I'll see if it lives up to his word," He jokes.

"Wait, you're in college?" I asked.

He nods, "Yeah, I go to the University of Miami which is pretty nice, I'm majoring in exercise physiology actually".

My heart can't take this. Good looking, same interests (as I am so far aware), fit and smart. Noah James was definitely a package deal.

"What that's so awesome! How do you manage it all with your job and the show?"

He laughed, "It's stressful, I had to defer a semester this year to do the show actually, but it's alright, I manage". A flash of excitement crossed his face, "I'm excited to get back into it though, sounds nerdy but I love learning."

"That so good though, I mean most people hate college so it's good that you like it. And your course sounds super interesting as well!"

We spent the rest of the flight talking quietly about college and what we wanted to do with ourselves. Well, I mostly listened to his plans, I still wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to do or could do depending on Alicia or a scholarship that may or may not happen. It felt like no time had passed when the plane started to descent.

After we landed and made our way slowly through customs and the airport with our very minimal luggage, we got two taxis to our Bed and Breakfast to check in. The boys were in one room together and the five of us girl were in one two-bedroom apartment. By the time we had all settled in, we crashed hard exhausted from rushing back to the hotel in Miami, packing in an hour so, eating lunch quickly and rushing to the airport to make our flight.

We decided to save our energy and hit up Cuba hard tomorrow. 

A/N: HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE! I have a feeling that 2018 is going to be a great year for all of you guys this year <3 

This is a super random filler chapter that came out of nowhere like it's not even in my plans at all but I'm excited. If ya'll find any mistakes could you please comment (nicely) in the line and I'll fix it up. 

Thank you guys so much for the love and the support x
Alexis 

QOTU: Imagine you had three days to have a spontaneous but quick holiday (unlimited $$) where would you go?? 

(Mine would be San Diego)