c h a p t e r 2 6

I was sitting at breakfast when Marcus made the announcement that made my heart sink.

Family week.

Where Noah accompanies the girl home and meets with their family.

Now fortunately for me, Bianca seemed to forget that I was a part of her 'family' and so my family visit wouldn't be included with hers when Noah goes to Beverly Hills and meets Alicia. On the other hand, he wouldn't be able to meet any of my family.

My dad is still deployed somewhere in the middle east for a peace op and unless a trip to a cemetery is deemed 'TV worthy' I don't think that would be an ideal way to meet my mother. I should have planned something.

Maybe Ms Graham, my school principal, could be like a temporary step in mum. I mean she got me into this mess in the first place.

I sighed and instead of thinking longer about some inevitable disaster, I swapped my pyjamas for some gym clothes and headed to the boxing room in the gym.

After a pretty solid sweaty workout I was lying on the floor when my phone buzzed.

I was kind of surprised that Bianca would be the first person to have home visits

I was kind of surprised that Bianca would be the first person to have home visits. Noah didn't really tell me what he had planned and of course, I was anxious to see where this plays out. Especially since we now had to be extra cautious. It wasn't like the Bachelor where the world watches the guy fall in love with a person. It was kind of the opposite, where the person, being Noah, had a choice of who he may potentially want to date all the way up to the finale, which is when America chooses out of the final three who he goes on the date with. The issue is that it is considered 'cheating' if anything happens off screen, or even on screen, which may 'manipulate' America's choice on who Noah goes on the big date with. For example, secret rooftop dates, kissing in the middle of paintball field etc.

Stupid. I know.

All I knew at this point was that I trusted Noah and whatever scheme he had up his sleeve.

***

I was rudely awakened the following morning by phone buzzing. I'm one of those people that sleep with my phone under my pillow. Excessive exposure to radioactivity is probably one of the dumb reasons why I may die. I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

A smile I couldn't control found its way on my face when I saw Noah's name light up my phone.