c h a p t e r 5

My usual alarm went off at 7am for my morning run. But I could not get out of bed. For one, it was so comfy and warm that I could spend the whole day just lying in my bed. Also, I was exhausted. Jasmine and I didn't end back in our bedroom until 2am. The party didn't stop until midnight and then Jordan, Jasmine and I went to Jordan's room on the 52nd floor which she shared with Charlie, her cousin, and his girlfriend Rose. Talk about third wheeling. We had a mini rave in her room till 1:00 with Rose while Charlie kept mumbling about how ridiculous girls are. It wasn't until we got engrossed in some horror movie on TV that we finally settled down before Jasmine and I snuck back to our bedroom.

It took my fifteen minutes to get out of bed. It normally took me five. I eventually fell out of bed, literally, which woke me up. I pulled on a Nike crop top and a pair of gym shorts along with my purple Nike joggers. Some girls save for Prada, I save for Nike, I feel like that speaks dedication. I jogged down the 48 flights of stairs, which is a lot easier than it sounds like as it going down stairs, as my warm up. The gym was opened in the other hotel building across from ours and there was about three or four people beginning their routine. I found the tread mill and began to run, pretending I was back home in California running down my street. Music pumped in my ear and my heart beat increased as I sped the speed up. I was in my zone, in my element as I kept on running for about forty-five minutes, before slowing down to a jog. As I stepped off, the gym had slightly filled up a little bit but not as much as a public gym would of course.

Me, being as indecisive as ever couldn't decide between doing my resistance routine or hitting the bags but when I saw a pair of gloves in the corner along with a row of beautiful punching bags I could not resist. Plugging my music in, I strapped on the gloves and begin hitting the bags in my routine. Twenty minutes later when I had paused for a water break I realised someone was calling my name. I turned to see a guy in a hoodie who I did not recognised until I saw some tattoos peeking out from under his clothes. Oh man, I was all sweaty, my hair was most likely a mess as it had fallen out of its braid, not to mention that my face was probably bright red. He approached me, his eyes cautiously darting around the gym.

He stood in front of me without saying anything for a solid minute and during that time my mind managed to go into overdrive

He stood in front of me without saying anything for a solid minute and during that time my mind managed to go into overdrive. It's like I had completely forgotten how to speak to people.

"Those are my gloves," He finally says, breaking the silence.

Great, I stole the number one player's gloves. Great way to introduce yourself, oh wait you already screwed that one up as well.

"Sorry," I murmured while quickly unstrapping the gloves while trying to face my wrists the other way. Not making that mistake again. I quickly handed the gloves to him and I realised why they had felt like such good quality. A freaking professional uses them, someone who has the money to invest in gloves.

"It's ok," but he takes the gloves anyway, "You're Taylor right?"

I nod, surprised that he actually knows my name.