1. ᴀ ᴘʀᴀʏᴇʀ

A/N: I wanted to take a break from writing for Madara. Finally had an idea for Tobirama and the writing juices were flowing... Ended up with a first chapter and I wanna know what you guys think! Of course, this will be updated in conjunction with Hashirama though Hashirama will be getting more of a priority (his story will be 15 chapters). This one looks like it might be a long one. Also, can someone please tell me what kind of genre this type of time travel is? It's not an isekai, it's not reincarnation? Like I don't know what to call this.

But yeah, enjoy!

[x]

Hell is a place you used to fear. Years upon years of treachery, deception, and malcontent had built stepping blocks towards such a place. All was your doing, believing that somehow your path was just.

Your hands and feet are tied while your neck is roped to a post as all bystanders watch. Not many are there out of pity, but rather they station themselves at the front row to view your demise. Your counterpart stands in front of you with their sword, fires break out in the background as the world comes ablaze.

"Why must you be an accomplice to this?"

Your heart burns with anger and hatred. Your expression twists in conjunction with your feelings. Though your whole body is weak from malnutrition and exhaustion, you spit your words with bite. "Was it not you who wished this, Tobirama?"

The man stares at you. For once, his gaze finally connects with yours as he was never one to provide the unworthy attention. His guard may be high but a sprinkle of confusion graces his countenance.

"Delusions. You would have lived well had you tried in your role."

Tried? You grit your teeth, "You must be the delusional one if you thought that I would have benefited from anything as your wife."

"I may not be of royal blood or have power as a firstborn, but I was true to you, [Name]."

"How can you say that?" you yell. "You never cared about me! You never tried to get to know me! Nor did you bother to give me any of your time! What makes you think I'd have been your ally?!"

"I was your ally in the entirety of our marriage." He raises his sword as his words subtly shake with the truth. Although you have never gotten along with him once, you have always known him to be an honest man. Selfish, lacking in affection, and brutish as well— but he never uttered a lie.

You wish he did. You yearn for a moment where you were right in your crusade as it would mean there was justification in your actions. You destroyed the Empire you belonged to, cheated on your husband, and neglected your step-child. All for what? A position in this new world?

Your affair partner is nowhere to be seen. Those that you aided had discarded you, treating you like fodder to the wolves as they continued their plans. Left alone, you are their sacrifice, and it only makes the betrayal all the more bitter.

Because had you tried in the opportunity given to you, it may be so that things would have played a lot differently. You might have been happy. You might have had bliss with Tobirama.

It is unfortunate that your realization comes at your moment in death. The least you can do is utter your regrets for the pain you caused to the one person who may have been innocent in all of this. "Tobirama... I'm sorry."

His hands do not waver in their conviction to finalize your eternal rest. However, you witness a speck of remorse. "I am too. Goodbye, my wife."

The sword comes down, your world grows black. Pain enters your system for a microsecond until there is nothing. Had you tried as Tobirama's wife, this would have all been different. You're sure of that now. If only you were given another chance at it. Maybe he wouldn't look at you like that.

'And a final chance is what I will give.'

Every cell in your body flutters with life. Feeling returns to your nervous system as do your thoughts and heart. A gentle lull brings you back up to the sea of life's surface, raising you above the hell that had summoned you.

When you open your eyes, you realize that you are back in your old bedroom within the palace, the one that had been yours since you could remember. Just one look at the mirror by your side and you know that you have returned to your twenty-one year old body. Questions arise quicker than answers, but during your stupor, several motives become realized.

You refuse to traverse the path to hell. No one will sway your naivety and take advantage of you again. Your role as wife and mother will be performed perfectly.

Above all, you will take revenge on those who used you for their personal gain.

[chapter 1 end.]