27. ᴀ ʀᴇᴜɴɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴏʀᴛꜱ

A/N: Just a pic of the special guest showing up

A/N: Just a pic of the special guest showing up. Don't like him >:c  Short chapter for today and the longer ones follow until the end of the year. Tbh it is going to be tough to update after next week... so I will keep you guys apprised of any changes to the update schedule. I think I'm on holiday the last week of this month which means the smut might be delayed unless I push all the updates to the next two weeks.... HMMMM I SHALL THINK.

[x]

Sleep has you in its clutches even when breakfast passes. You awaken out of sorts and dizzy from your dream. Your gaze drifts over to the side where you see a cart with your breakfast. Sleepily, you reach out to begin chewing on a sweet bread while you ring the bell for Hisa.

She enters and bows to you. "Your Royal Highness."

"You didn't wake me for breakfast?"

"You didn't stir from your slumber when I tried to wake you, and the High Emperor requested that you remain sleeping."

Your mouth hangs open, "Father passed by?"

"He has another gift for you," she states as she makes her way over to your side. In her hands is another box, smaller in size, but when she opens it, a plethora of jewels twinkle at you. "He asked that you wear this today."

"Why does he keep adorning me with jewelry?" you mutter. It isn't a complaint, just a contemplative comment. 

"I also have Master Tobirama's letter."

You nod your head and pick apart your breakfast. Once you feel satisfied, you bathe quickly with Hisa's assistance. Feeling fresh, you step out and begin dressing in your undergarments as Hisa pulls out a few options for today's wear. Your gaze travels to the letter on the vanity which tickles your intrigue.

You grab it and settle on the sofa. With bread in one hand and the letter on the other, you begin to read. As always, he starts sweet and nurtures your bleeding heart.

'My sweet wife,

You have a kindness within you that allows for empathy. To be at a point of confliction proves that. Do not undermine your struggles as they are proof of self-reflection and growth. 

I pray that your meetings today go well. Remember that I am always here should you need me.

Warmest regards,

Tobirama Senju'

Your whole face grows warm with infatuation while Hisa hovers near you. You spot the slightest of smiles on her lips. Innocent, earnest, untethered to dubious motivations. Again, you try to recall your previous maid, but nothing about her resembles Hisa. Shinobi are great at disguises which could be the reason for the mismatch in recognition... Yet for some reason, you feel it within your heart that she is a completely different person from the previous timeline.