33. ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ

A/N: I'm just having a wild time

A/N: I'm just having a wild time. That is all. Please enjoy!

[x]

"It's almost time for dinner," you mumble to yourself.

Hisa notices the exhaustion present in your body. She's combing through the last section of your hair while weaving small jewels to the strands. "I am sorry for contacting Master Tobirama without your knowledge. Though I serve you, I am still obligated to report to him and felt it necessary to do so in this case."

You glance at her from the mirror. The guilt weaves heavy on her mind, but you find no fault in her judgment. "Don't apologize. I was being stupid in thinking I could hide this."

"You were in your right to have reservations."

"Maybe so, but I always get stuck in my reservations. With palace life, acting without thinking of the consequences causes grave issues. Sometimes, it's better to stay quiet since most of the time the situation can turn into some tactical warfare."

"...Is that why you did not inform your father of your family's nefarious intentions when visiting you this morning?"

You nod your head, "When I sold my sister out for her involvement, it made things more tense than it should be. My mother was angry with me. Elric found my actions naïve, and my other two brothers won't speak to me. Elric made a good point, saying that I never had to be greedy during my time in the palace because of how my father pampered me."

"He treasures you quite a lot," Hisa says nervously as her eyes wander over to the new necklace he purchased for you.

"Hah... He even gifted Tobirama some fancy cufflinks for his suit," you laugh, "and Tobirama had no clue what they were."

"I'm sure Master Tobirama will quickly learn the rules of palace attire."

"Of course." Your mind pivots back to the previous topic. "Anyways, as much as I am beginning to not care about my family's opinion of me, I feel like maybe I am out of touch with how things work at the palace. I should play their games more to figure out everyone's motives."

"Well, it's a good thing Master Tobirama is here then. His sensory abilities allow him to discover traits others wish to conceal."

"That's true," you mumble. Before you can think of uses for Tobirama's skills, a knock on the door interrupts your conversation. "Yes?!"

"May I come in?" Tobirama calls out.

You give Hisa a questioning look, and she nods her head that she has finished with your glamor. "Yes, you can come in!" 

In waltzes Tobirama in his new royal blue suit. The ruffled tie suffocates his neck, and there's slight discomfort on his face. Yet he now appears part of the Empire sphere; actually, he seems part of the royal family with how he presents himself so elegantly.