19. ꜱʜᴀᴅᴏᴡꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴍᴏᴛɪᴠᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

A/N: I got so busy with work that I almost forgot to update today x_x

[x]

You stayed up late all night in hopes of finding a way to maneuver today's meeting. The terrain to even begin a plan was steep due to the many variables involved, causing you to lose most of your sleep in anxious thought. You wake up, resolved to take a less aggressive approach; today you will play the dumb royal to not raise the suspicion.

Hisa dresses you in a gown you usually wear at the palace, a garment you've been using less of since joining the Senju. You're sure this is to establish stations amongst the meeting, for others to understand that you join them as princess of the empire and not as solely Tobirama's wife. Maybe in the past you would have requested something like that, but now you want to flaunt your title as wife. 

But what's done is done. With the appearance of a pure-blooded royal, you follow Tobirama and Hashirama into a large meeting room situated in Hashirama's wing of the mansion. You had never known this place to exist. Actually, there is still much to uncover within the mansion now that you have the freedom to be nosy.

Your mind returns to the event before you. There are ten people who occupy the room and are heads of the most influential clans. You recognize the Uchiha (attended by Madara himself), the Hyuuga, and the Uzumaki clans. The rest are vaguely familiar, but since you find yourself at the focal point of the chair arrangements, they each make their way over to you and introduce themselves. Utake stands behind you as your assistant or sorts; you aren't quite sure but he is once more in high spirits.

Though his smile falters at the sight of a large book in your hands. "What do you have there, Your Royal Highness?"

You raise it to show him the title. "Rules about the Empire. I want to make sure I perform in a manner fitting of a royal... if I am to be here."

He doesn't believe that you'll be doing any sort of job but shrugs off your motivation. "Allow me to be your guide then. That is what I am here for."

"I see," you hum. You don't bother mentioning how you spent all night creasing every page that contains matters of import for the meeting. You are armed and ready to fight should Utake try to take advantage of these people.

Hashirama watches your interaction with interest, but as the room becomes silent, he starts the meeting and recites his findings. "I have called you here today to discuss how we should handle a grave issue that will become deadly should it be left unresolved. It seems that the lands on the eastern and now the southern borders, which were gifted to Konoha, are being illegally occupied by a group of people. They say that they hold no affiliation with anyone and have claimed the land as their own."

A man with the same white eyes as Hisa stands from his chair to speak. Hashirama gives him the floor by sitting. "If people occupy our border, isn't it wise to then raise the issue with the Empire?"