21. ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴅꜱ [1]

A/N: Early update since I won't be around Wednesday

A/N: Early update since I won't be around Wednesday. Um... sorry for the cliffhanger hehe... Not really. I'm really excited though since the next chapter opens up the world building. It's a lot of information, a lot of background, and a lot of blood.

[x]

By carriage, the journey takes no more than thirty minutes but now you must walk the rocky and unbalanced terrain for another hour. It's a blessing that you wear more casual attire yet it still inhibits much of your movements.

The peaceful wind that cools the heat brushes your sweat which accumulates under the stuffiness. You feel discomfort everywhere due to your lackluster stamina, but you trudge on, hoping to uncover some secret. This is where your power should reside from what your mother said. 

But your heart's not in the moment of discovery. You plead for fate to allow the war to conclude with this intervention. A fight was definitely brewing amongst them as you heard shouting from that tent. With you gone, whoever is the victor of today's fight can recite their tale of what happened. You know that Hashirama and Tobirama can take on the army, but you still fear for their safety. 

When you make it out of the forest, a wide landscape of pure grass enters your vision. The mountains are a beautiful backdrop as the sun begins its descent. Just as legends say, the sun burns a crimson color between the mountain peaks. There is but one tree that is stationed at the heart of the valley; the tree trunk has not a speck of color, pure white just like its petals.

It's unlike anything you've ever seen, and you admire it for a brief moment. No wonder the village folk believed gods to be inhabiting this area. The air feels serene, the sight is a marvel, and the silence quiets the turmoil of the soul.

Excitement pushes you towards the tree. You stomp over the tall grass to stand in front of your destiny. Your hands rest on the trunk, your skin brushing the rough exterior of it.

Being so close, you remember the night of your mother's death that haunts your memories. You had so much hatred and anger that only Izuna knew about. Whenever you discovered news about your siblings as they lived their happy lives, you cursed your mother for sending you to Konoha. You thought it was all her idea, and while you were angry at your father for allowing her to have her way, you put most of the blame on her.

Izuna preyed on that animosity, bred it with his words that cemented your reasoning, until it came to a climax.

~

Your mother stares at you, eyes wide in shock as liquid spills from her lips. The liquid is a poisoned tea that will leave her incapacitated for the next hour. You hold your weapon as she struggles on the floor. Had she not drank the poison, it would be difficult to assassinate her due to her ability to wield magic. She can fight you off quite easily though that is all inconsequential now.