4. ᴀ ᴅɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ᴀɴꜱᴡᴇʀꜱ

A/N: My brain on overdrive for this plot

A/N: My brain on overdrive for this plot. It's so difficult making a reader-insert so angry! At least the plot is just flowing out cause man do I have a lot written already e_e;

[x]

You adjust your earrings as you wait for your Hyuuga aide, Hisa. The woman has gone off to fetch your shawl due to the bitter nip of the night air. Anxiety plagues your nerves with the anticipation of dining with your supposed enemy. What has motivated you in this second chance was that you knew what to expect with every turn you made. Yet tonight, you will be blind after having never attended this event.

As your heart beats quicker, Hisa enters your room with the garment, "Your Highness." Her soft voice always sounds meek, nothing like all the other maids you've spoken to you with confidence. 

Any sign of weakness was never tolerated in the palace; it was unforgiving and cold, even to the strong. Due to this, being vulnerable frightens you just as it did everyone else, but the future scares you even more now that you know what will happen. 

"Your Highness?" Hisa places the shawl over your shoulders. "Shall I escort you?"

"You don't have to," a deep voice answers her. Both of you glance at the door to spot Tobirama standing there. Nothing about his attire has changed-- he never was one to care about appearances but always exuded natural regality. "It is my duty to escort her."

'This is different', you think to yourself. Last time, it was Hashirama that tried to entice you out of your room to join them. You ignored all his attempts until you cried yourself to sleep. It seems the actions of this morning have already begun a new path. 

Your legs take you to him as if bewitched by his attendance. His hand raises and you take it. "What a gentleman," you hum.

A small smirk appears, but he says nothing as he gently guides you over to a large dining hall in a separate annex of the mansion. The party is mostly indoors but spills out into the patio where several younger relatives run about. Inside, there are rows of cushions that are low to the ground, creating a U-shape with Hashirama at the helm.

Tobirama takes you over to his brother and sits you beside Hashirama while he sits on your other side. "I'll have someone fetch you some food." He waves a person over and utters his command, but before he can even turn to you, someone calls out for him.

Annoyed, Tobirama gets up from his spot and rushes over to the person. You watch as he becomes rather agitated and engages in a heated discussion. As a plate is placed before you, you absentmindedly pick off from it while inspecting Tobirama.

"That's our liaison from the palace."

You blink a few times before giving Hashirama your attention. "Is that so? I was wondering why he seemed vaguely familiar." You had always thought the man a spy for the Senju, but now it makes much more sense.