11. ʜɪꜱ ɢᴇɴᴛʟᴇ ᴄᴏᴍꜰᴏʀᴛ

A/N: I feel like only using italics doesn't really help with separating flashbacks within the story (that has a lot of flashbacks)

A/N: I feel like only using italics doesn't really help with separating flashbacks within the story (that has a lot of flashbacks). So I'll start using those swirl thingies. Anyways, I just want you guys to know that neither the reader and Tobirama were innocent in the dissolution of their marriage. They both played a part, the reader more than him. They both had ugly sides that clashed frequently. 

[x]

The skies' greying nature calls for all to hurry back indoors. After your curt encounter with Madara, you feel faint and become even more listless with time. Home calls for your return and you do so without another thought.

The moment you arrive, you head straight to your room, dress in your sleepwear, and lay in bed. Rain descends immediately, harshly falling on the land. As you lay in bed for hours, you watch as the rain refuses to cease its downpour.  Your mind wanders to the past on a day that resembles this one. 

~

Thunder claps roar and cause the windows to shake in response. Rain droplets cascade against the estate in their attack, but no noise can prevail over the clash of your angers. Tobirama is of equal measure to you, vicious words sparking fury until reason has no room.

"Stop trying to make a mockery of us!" Tobirama growls. He had entered your room after noticing your poor mood during dinner but has since regretted it. 

"You can't even give me what I want! What is the point in playing nice with your family?" you seethe. "I ask for many things but you are either too stubborn to care or too ill equipped to provide. I'd have a better time with the Uchiha."

"The Uchiha?" Tobirama grips the bed frame as he holds in his immediate flare of disgust. "The Uchiha... You always compare us to them when you know nothing of them." He spots the flicker in your expression, and dread fills him before he speaks upon his assumption. "Unless you do?"

You do not shy from your transgressions. "You'd have known of my attachment to them had you actually been vigilant of me, but it's clear that you don't give a rat's ass about me... Dearest husband."

The wood under his grip splinters and crumbles beneath his strength. Heat radiates from his stature. "Who is it?"

"It isn't any of your business."

Tobirama eyes do not move from yours, and their intensity brings shivers down your spine. "Unless you want blood on your hands, you will answer me."

You believe his intention to slaughter the clan and state the name of the man who has captured your heart. "It's Izuna."

The name sucks the wind out of his tirade. His hands drop as he begins to realize something. "You were never going to be happy with anything given to you."