10. ᴀ ʙᴜᴅᴅɪɴɢ ᴠɪʟʟᴀɢᴇ

A/N: If you wondering, the pic above is Izuna

A/N: If you wondering, the pic above is Izuna. If you wondering why the pic is here, uh... Well, just read on hehe.

[x]

The clicking of the clock echoes within the dining room where you find yourself alone. Back then, the lack of company would have made your day a little merrier as you wanted nothing to do with the Senju. Now, a sensation of emptiness bites at you despite your daily breakfast with Tobirama always being quiet. As much as it pains you to admit, you are beginning to miss the company of Tobirama, who used to be your enemy for so many years.

Your plate still retains a good portion of your meal, your appetite forgotten amidst your curiosity. Isolation yields anxiety, and you speak up, "Hisa?"

"Yes, Your Royal Highness?"

"Where's Tobirama?"

"Master Tobirama went with Lord Hokage to the village to begin their construction plans," she swiftly answers.

You don't say another word as you resume eating. Once your belly feels full, you rise from your chair. "I'd like to see what they're doing. Prepare for my travels."

"T-Travels?"

"Am I not allowed?" you arch an eyebrow.

Again, Hisa struggles with the clash in requests. Though Tobirama has been explicit that she should always be attentive towards your safety, he also stated that she should follow your every command without question. "Of course you are allowed. I shall have it all ready for when you want to depart."

"Good, I'll go now."

Hisa hesitates but finally rushes out of the room to begin preparations. During her scurrying, you drop by your room to grab your gloves and hat. You don the two garments and travel for the door, where a panting Hisa awaits you.

"It is done, Your Royal Highness."

"Does the coachman know where to take me?"

"Yes, he has been instructed to find them," she bows deeply.

"Perfect. Stay here while I go visit my husband." Your command receives no rebuttal, and you marvel at her obedience. It seems yesterday's fiasco with Utake sent shockwaves within the mansion. If someone of his caliber was viciously corrected by Tobirama, that means no one has any room to mistreat you. A single word of disrespect could easily be their last. 

Once the carriage departs, you glance out the window as the scenery zooms past. Your forlorn stare takes in the beauty of the countryside that you once refused to see. Even if you journeyed into the village to engage with the Uchiha, you never looked outside. It was due to the fear of the unknown, the distaste for change, and the worry that you may actually find the world around you beautiful.

Now, you witness the pink hues of the sakura trees, the wooden eastern architecture, the brown cobblestones, and the people trying to live their day in peace. The carriage turns down a street where several merchants call out for others to buy their wares, an array of items beguiling to those who peruse the stalls.