16. ʀᴏʏᴀʟ ᴠɪꜱɪᴛ

A/N: PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING: I have decided to post twice a week and so I updated on Friday

A/N: PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING: I have decided to post twice a week and so I updated on Friday. Just in case, make sure that you have read the previous chapter before beginning this one. If you already know of the new changes, then continue on! The next chapter is going to be a bit steamy c:

Also, thank you for the excitement on this story. Truly! Took forever for me to find a plot for Tobirama and to see the activity on the story is really uplifting. <3

[x]

The carriage rattles with the roughness of the terrain as it travels over the mountainous landscape. The early beam of the sun blankets the scenery in a warm glow that sparkles on the horizon. It's a sight to behold, one that you take in at the beginning of your day.

A letter rests on your lap as your eyes analyze the beauty of the eastern countryside. You should be having breakfast right now with Tobirama and Hashirama, but there is much to prepare for after receiving a response from your sister, Almira. She accepted your invitation to visit your new home-- an expected response after having spoken highly of your living situation. You recall her always wanting better than you and her curiosity can never be sated.

As the horses pause at the precipice of the hill, you exit the carriage. Thankfully, you wear lighter clothes for the journey, casual compared to your usual outfits. You can feel the breeze of the mountains rustle through your skirt and the kiss of the sun on your arms. You hold onto your hat that deters the brightness from your eyes while you inspect the rest of the lands you have yet to see. 

"Please be careful, Your Royal Highness," Hisa calls out as you toil near the edge. Despite being new to the lands, the shinobi have already made many dirt roads to help cross the unruly territory. Only two mountains have walkable paths with this one being the most recent to undergo the construction a month ago, and it's the perfect excuse for you to be here in this exact spot.

Why would a princess need to go to the very precipice of a valley so early in the morning? It's a reasonable question, but one that will never receive the truth. You stated yesterday that you wanted to see the sunrise from a mountain, citing your newfound love for nature. Unsurprisingly, Tobirama did not want you going somewhere dangerous. Yet Hashirama seemed to have bought your tall tale and ushered for you to enjoy a self-reflection by the sunrise.

To which you do, but not for self-reflection. You wander around the vast surface, gazing at how small the trees seem from where you are. Slowly, you make your way around the area under the strict supervision of Hisa until your eyes are able to detect exactly what you were searching for. 

An encampment of rogue shinobi, but you know that they operate under the Fileen's banner.

Just like in the past, the Fileen are beginning to encroach on the lands that do not belong to them. You know that the Empire and Duke Savan are involved in this overtaking, but this time, you aren't going to be deadweight in battle. No, you are going to be the variant that backfires on them.