8. ᴛᴇᴀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴꜱ

A/N: I'm still trying to flesh out how I want the reader-insert personality to be once she leaves that shroud of self-contempt

A/N: I'm still trying to flesh out how I want the reader-insert personality to be once she leaves that shroud of self-contempt. She still hasn't really shown her true self yet, she is just acting and saying things she thinks she should say. She also doesn't know who she should be outside of her title of being princess. It's fun to write but also a bit frustrating to read... ANYWAYS, please enjoy!

[x]

"They are quickly working on your room."

You glance at the mirror as Hisa combs through your hair. For the past few days, she has always remained muted when performing any task, but today she seems chatty. It might be because you finally made it through your first week here and you have resisted little in assimilating to their daily life.

You've been behaved and courteous. When others see you, they bow and you acknowledge them— a scenario far removed from your past where you treated all like insects that plotted your demise. 

Their reception towards you has been nothing short of warm, but you're sure all of that will change with the song of war now on the horizon. You feel as if you are the only one aware of what's to come, besides those plotting it. News of it will surmise in the coming weeks with the full brunt of it peaking by your third month here. Soon, there will be discussions of its origins while accusatory stares peek at you.

But in the meantime, you must focus on the foundations of your second life. "How much longer will it be until the room is ready?"

"Another week or so."

"And when will Akito return?"

"He's to be gone for two months."

Feigning an act of a benevolent mother, you state your concern. "It was a tantrum that had merit. Two months seems far too harsh."

"Master Tobirama is not a lenient man... Though, Little Akito had never acted out before, and it was a first for Master Tobirama to correct him."

"For his first punishment to be of this magnitude sounds comparable to his character," you hum to yourself.

She says nothing, but you understand her silence. Had you received the situation angrily, the poor room assignment would have disparaged the Senju name and broke the bridge that was in the making between the shinobi and the Empire. Truthfully, it was the straw that broke the camel's back when you first arrived. You felt betrayed, angry, and spiteful. A lackluster room destroyed the last of your patience, but now that you expected it, you reacted with a gracious tolerance.

"He wasn't there for his father's wedding. Isn't that too much?" You press your fingers together. "I'm sure he prefers his own mother more, but it is still rude to not appear."

"He doesn't exactly have a mother to prefer." Her sentence ends as abruptly as her chattiness. She realizes the taboo topic and drops it immediately.

"Oh?"