Episode 1 Meeting Duckworth and Bentina

Duckworth''s pov

Well another dull day at the mansion.

I arise a few hours earlier then master Scrooge in order to prepare breakfast. If you'd call tea breakfast . I go about cleaning until he summons me before he leaves.

"Right Duckworth I'm off there's treasure lurking about."

"Certainly master Scrooge , I trust you'll be well with Launchpad?"

Scrooge sighed straightening his hat. "He works cheap so aye. Oh and be sure to be on guard tonight those Beagle boys are at my bin again."

I bowed him out and stepped outside. Oh joy another throw down with those ruffians if you'll pardon the pun. But what else would I do?

One thing no one knows of? When apart from our masters depending on their life at home we butlers are quite solitary. I didn't mind it in my 20's though as I grew older I did hope for some kind of connection.

True there was Bentina but goodness she makes one conversation difficult. I cannot get a word in without having to defend myself.

Any rate I went about guarding the Bin. You see not only is it where masters gold was , it also held dangerous magic. Honestly of which I was bored of.

No sooner had I thought of boredom then I saw a shadow. It certainly did not move like the Beagles it was much sleek and quick. I attempted a charge from behind suprisingly earning a kick to my ribs before it vanished.

"Alright then...

No one had ever gotten the first hit on me. Not that I'm bragging , perhaps I'll have something to concentrate on tomorrow .

Bentina'' s pov

It's not as though I couldn't find my own home to live. It's simply circumstances, due to my complicated past and present situation I had no choice. You see Scrooge and I have worked together in our youth and I just cannot cope. He is far too foot loose...but I digress.

As I said I had no choice but to live with Scrooge and mister perfect butler. It was the safest I could think of for my Webby. Well safe as one gets anyway.

"Webby hold still child." I smiled as I dressed her and listened to Duckworth. " Now there's no use sulking. So one got away the point is they stole nothing. "

He just gave an indignant look I found amusing.

"It's the principal Bentina. Sooner or later they shall return ."

I shook my head as I carried Webby for lunch. It's not like Duckworth to be this way , usually he was quite dull and insufferable perfectionist . Criminals are nothing to either of us.

Oh well I suppose it will be entertaining to watch....

"Webigail Beakley how many times...." I sighed as she flipped her bowl of food Again as she simply laughed. Perhaps I could do with something to concentrate on besides my daily as well.