Episode 7 Trust

True to their words the shadows sent attacks after Vivian. Of course she had help now with Duckworth and Bentina however that didn't mean accidents weren't possible.

"Oh and I'm numb. " Vivian fell on her side during a sneak attack.

"Bentina get her in. I've got this."

Bentina nods lifting Vivian in the mansion. "Very popular aren't you."

"Eh it's a curse." She sighed hanging like a rag doll. "But this is more then usual. "

"Yes well...perhaps if you'd fill me in why? " Bentina set Vivian up comfortably while looking through medicine. "You do trust me now I hope?"

Vivian noticed the "please" tone and sighed. Well she did like and respect bentina so .

"Alright but no judging. " She said as Bentina nods. " Truth is their after me because I turned on them. Duckworth saved me from well killing scrooge for them and hired me to protect me."

Bentina just looked at her, funny enough this scenario was familiar to her. She just smiled lightly as she gave Vivian the medicine.

"Ha we have more in common then I though. Believe you me I've wanted to kill Scrooge once or twice myself. " She said half joking.

Duckworth came in fixing his suit seeing the ladies getting along.

"Not trying to steal my girlfriend are you."

"Oh shush, she's well. Give the medicine a night ."

Bentina got up to check on scrooge and Webby, looking back at Vivian at the door and left. Duckworth sat with Vivian a protective arm around her.

"Duckworth is this us jealous."

" Of Bentina nonsense. I'm more concerned with you are you hurt?"

"Just numb.... Duckworth you think maybe I should leave?"

He looked at her concerned. " I...Vivian you know I want you to want as you desire but given things I'd much rather stay near you if you'll allow assistance? "

She smiled still guilty over things. Vivian was so used to being kicked out as trouble started so this was surprising yet she didn't mind.

Meanwhile Bentina was talking with Scrooge. He was getting annoyed by all the attacks.

"Bentina why are all these attacks aimed at Vivian? I'm starting to think she's too much."

Bentina held Webby giving a really look. "Sounds familiar to me. It's not the poor girls fault she's nowhere to go."

"Fine but know if this continues I'll have no choice but to out her ."

She sighed feeding Webby dinner thinking. She'd grown close to Vivian like a kindred spirit and it's rare anyone could keep up with Bentina. She wasn't about to lose this connection she'd have to double down in helping Duckworth, joy.