Episode 3 That Was Fast

Group Meeting Room Present Day

    I sighed in a slightly playful yet annoyed way as I gathered with Duckworth and Bentina.

         "Guys..."

    Bentina gave a light chuckle at the memories .

          "Now dearest we must continue mustn't we." Duckworth smirked. "It's part of the story."

     "I ....fine but I'm jumping ahead. Bentina hush."

       "Honestly what did the fox say Duckworth? "

     I face palmed with a cute fuss. "Don't you Dare answer that."

Duckworth's pov (back in the day)

    Needless to say after a few futile attempts I finally got her to at least listen . It was quite a simple proposal.  She comes with myself to Scrooge as a new hire I look after. In turn I protect her from those "employers".

          "What do you get of it?" She asked with that sassy tone.

           "Myself? Nothing but the knowledge I've assisted a fair maiden. " I winked as we paused at masters door. "Now do allow myself to do the talking. "

     I lead her in hearing Scrooge beckon me, I bowed nudging Vivian to do the same. She did so grudgingly.

            "Whom do we have here Duckworth another scoundrel after my mansion?"

     Ironically yes I thought to myself.

               "No Master Scrooge,  actually she's a new applicant as a servant here."

                "I didn't inquire for new servants..."

                 "No master however being as your enemies are gathering about the Bin I thought I could use the assistance.  She's quite a stealthy fighter."

          As Scrooge thought of this I could feel Vivian glare, I'll smooth things over later.

                   "Right, well if ye think you need the assistance Duckworth I'll trust ye. Lass, stick by Duckworth and do as he says. From now on ye answer to him."

                    ".....Yes. ...Master Scrooge."

         I sighed at her tone leading her to the third floor where I and Bentina lived. Ah Separate obviously.

                      "Um excuse You? What was that you said you'd get me out of this mess not further in. What are you playing at?"

      I couldn't help finding her attempt at authoritive tone quite endearing , though I did feel a tad guilty how I had to do this.

                     "The way I see it Vivian this is a far better situation hm? At least with myself  as your employer you are protected on both sides."

       I smiled kindly bowing out to give her space but paused as she called me.

                      "Duckworth  i.....thanks I guess."

     She was trying so hard to stay with that punk like attitude it's once again most endearing.