Episode 8 Strikes One Through Three

For awhile Duckworth and Bentina's team work proved strong. Of course there were tense moments when Vivian had to leave the safety of the mansion.

"Duckworth I'll be OK it's just a store run. "

"Yes but these attacks worry me." He helped her in her jacket at the back entrance. "Perhaps we should come?"

Vivian smiled hugging him. " Don't sweat it I'm a big tough girl. I tie my own shoes and all."

She got her purse and headed out. Oh obviously she's paying with her own cash. You thought Scrooge would give extra please.

You see she's very independent anyway so she had a side job in Duckberg. Nothing special just performing at a Family Friendly dance club. Naturally Bentina found out and well That was a fun conversation.

It was just nice to use one of her skills that didn't involve murder.

Anyway today was the usual crowds, of course except for one figure lurking in the back.

"I do this I'm acknowledged as master of dark arts?" They asked over their cellphone.

" You do this and be acknowledged as the one to rid Duckberg of the entire McDuck Mansion."

This was Black Arts Beagle, not the most dangerous but certainly the most persistent. He carried out orders after the girl finished performing. The trap was set for her to wind up in his box of mystery at the stage door.

"Hey what gives?!" Vivian punched at the door.

"Quiet girl, I have a job to do and your gonna help. Now where's the mansion.."

Vivian sighed annoyed, sure she remembered her purse but not her phone?

Duckworth's pov

I finished my duties as usual and checked the time. Quarter past six pm? Something didn't feel right.

"Bentina has Vivian returned from work?"

She looked up. "Not that ive seen, she hasnt texted either..."

We looked at each other thinking the same horrifying thoughts. You cannot blame us worrying with things as is.

We looked outside hearing the front gate being knocked open . Master Scrooge was already present looking agitated.

"Ma Beagle what's the meaning a this?"

"Ha show em Black Arts. We got something a yours."

Her son made a box disappear to reveal my Vivian tied and muzzled.

"Vivian!" Bentina said worried.

"Release her at once." I ordered standing between everyone.

Scrooge side looked at us. "What is this ye kidnapping ladies now?"

"No actually we're kidnapping You McDuck someone is paying big for this one."

"Shut it Black Arts. "

"And with the bounty I'll buy out the magical industry so Beagles rule!"

"Stop explaining the plan Black Arts. "

"Allow me.

Bentina punched Black Arts and fought the pair as I and Scrooge untied Vivian. My poor dear coughed the muzzle off as I held her .

"I'm OK just Really annoyed. "

"Ye not the only one lass. Now mark this I'll not have ye bringing all this on Duckworth and Bentina. I want this dealt with or ye out understand. "

I glared behind his back, it's not entirely his fault he's like this . He's had a harsh life however it really was no different then Vivian.

We needed to find her employers fast , I never pressed it before. But now there's no choice or else I shall lose her.