Episode 4

Well we all saw this coming didn't we. Trouble for months, suspicion pointed at the new girl and a spurned butler. Now mind you Vivian tried to explain but couldn't find Duckworth oddly. As it turned Scrooge had been keeping him rather busy. Ah perhaps we should explain?

      The day after the ladies put things back Hell broke loose. Duckworth had come home from shopping to find photos of Vivi carrying treasure. Not only that saw Bentina in said photo and was about to confront them but of course things amped to ten when scrooge saw security footage.

        That didn't go well and words were said no common man dare repeat. Duckworth had remained silent the whole ordeal as Scrooge locked Vivian in her room. He told the butler this was up to him to investigate which he intended. Mind you this was damning but surely his fiance wasn't like this?

                 "Vivian please tell me." Duckworth asked one night sitting in her room.

          Vivian looked away in shame. "Look if I have to tell you I didn't do it...."

           He held her hand. "Then why tell Bentina and not myself.  We can't work as a couple if you exclude me ."

            She sighed, what was she thinking? This is how she starts her own trouble you know, people often try to help but she refuses to speak. She decided to tell him everything including the odd voices copying them.

                        "And that's when I found the gems I swear it's not me...." She hid her face in her paws."

                He held her. "Oh dearest you really should've spoken up. Things like this always occur here, Bentina and I just learned to cope."

                         "S-so you're not mad...."

                          "Only that you didn't tell me but we'll worry of that later. For now I must find evidence of your innocence. "  He hugged her reassuring.  "No one not even Mr. McDuck can take you from me."

            After making sure she was safe for tonight Duckworth went about his duties. This time searching for anything out of place.

                    "So what's the verdict?" Scrooge walked beside him.

                    "Innocent. There's no real proof she did this."

           Scrooge side glared. "What is this ye picking some street girl over ye Boss?"

           Duckworth played it casual. "She is my Fiancé 'master' Scrooge and beg my pardon but I won't stand by as you treat her so rudely. "

           He bowed leaving scrooge furious. It's true you know lately the billionaire had been dropping hints. He had enough of his butler and maid fawning over the girl instead of working. Perhaps he needed to consult someone on this. Not only did she steal his employee's but now making him call the dreadful council? Oh its on.