Act 2 Episode 1 Round 2

True to his word Duckworth had indeed been showing both ladies fun. Tours about the city, movie nights and such. Bentina was grateful for inclusion but she could tell the butler was nervous. Being the upstanding person she was she decided to step aside for now.

              "It's obvious you need time Alone. I'm merely at the start of the dating phase."

               "Yes but that hardly seems forthright. "

               "Oh hush, listen Duckworth ladies do things differently. " She smiled nudging him outside. "Besides watching you muse and ponder is sickening."

                "Haha. But...thankyou Bentina. "

            Duckworth nodded heading up to his room. She was right per usual, he had been dropping hints and it seemed Vivian was interested. He pulled out a black and gold box.

                 "Honestly the only thing on earth that can make me nervous."

                  "What makes you nervous dear?"

              He started abit hiding the box in his coat pocket. "Ah nothing dearest. Shall we see what master is on to?"

               Scrooge was most impressed by this trio and wanted to include them on his latest missions. He particularly wanted to see them work as a team with himself. To be honest he wanted to know Vivian more as well. Perhaps you recall that call from his council, he didn't see what was so bad. Sure Duckworth acted a tad flighty but hey that's love.

               Scrooge himself was there once but no one need know of that. Anyways this first trial went with flying colors. Something Fowl didn't enjoy.

                           "Heron you said...."

                    Heron sat at the conference table looking hassled.  "I tried alright Scrooge jumped in last second."

                     The head shadow huffed crossing their arms. "Yes well. We need to break the team up, but from another angle. Scrooge is too patient with Vivian,  if random strikes don't do it let's work from inside. Phantom Blot come here."

                         "I already am." A shadow with green eyes appeared. "Let me guess you want me to pit Scrooge against the girl so he'll go against the others."

                          "Sharp as ever, get to it then."

                 The board of directors watched as one made a face. "Sheesh their creepy."

       Back at the mansion Duckworth had pulled Vivian aside to their usual spot in the garden.

                          "Vivi my love there's something I'd like to speak of. "

                           "Ok, are you alright you've been jumpy."

                           "Yes I'm well." He sighed stealing his courage and holding her hand." My love I know we didn't meet under normal circumstances nor can we have a normal life. I'd like to ask do you think you can stay by my side?"

                     She blushed holding his hand. "Well...I think I can. You make me feel safe and you're just amazing ."

                      He smiled kneeling and showed her the ring. "In that case will you marry me?"

               If you thought she'd answer no you weren't paying attention~. Little did they know something had eyes on them from the shadows plotting their moves.