Episode 3

Things went pretty normally for awhile, well apart from the misunderstanding or 2. The trio had been hearing each others voices here and there. While occasionally funny it did try one's nerves, Scrooge in particular.  Of course whom thought it best to call him now by video phone ?

               "Ah what do ye want I'm trying to rest."

               "Afternoon to you too, so how is the rookie?"

               "She's nae a rookie anymore why are ye so hung up on this lass. "

               "We just thought, perhaps there's trouble you've not been at the last few meetings. So tell us have things been odd?"

                 Naturally yes but he wasn't telling them that. Something was off here, they'd been obsessed with Vivian since she got here. Not to mention Heron's attack last month what was that about? Now Scrooge didn't pry in his employee's lives though this to him seemed a look into. He decided to have a casual dinner with all three hopefully it wouldn't seem suspect.

                   "So uh ye 3 been busy wedding plans and such."

             Bentina gave a look . "Yes are you alright Mr. McDuck. "

                      "Oh fine fine just curious,  I haven't had a chance to catch up ye know? So Vivian I hope ye don't mind living here with Duckworth. "

                       "Not at all, it's better then what I had before anyway."

                        "If you don't mind what did you have before? "

          Duckworth and Bentina gave him scolding looks, they had kept their promise to Vivian not to say. They did have to tell a small story why Heron attacked Vivian but when you're in love you tend to protect it that way.

              Vivian calmly excused herself with Duckworth behind her. Scrooge thought perhaps his council was paranoid , Bentina pulled him aside.

                      "Now Scrooge that was a little uncalled for. If Vivian doesn't want her past brought up..."

                      "Ah relax Beakley can't a man be curious a someone marrying his butler?"

             It was exactly this attitude that drove Bentina crazy, in the "strangle him" sense mind you.  She saw Duckworth head outside and went to check on Vivian herself.  She knocked on Vivian's room door.

                  "Uh ...just a second.."

                   "Vivi dear? I know Scrooge was well Scrooge tonight are you ok?"

            She heard a drawer close. "Uh sure come in Tina."

        Yes they had pet names don't judge, more to the point Bentina knew her girlfriends "nervous tone" well by now. She entered seeing Vivian almost guarding a dresser, Bentina crossed her arms. In any relationship one must set some boundaries you know. One of Bentina's and Duckworth,  separately of course,  was they hide nothing from each other.

                   "Vivian explain."

             Vivian's ears folded looking upset. "Now Tina you gotta believe me, I dunno how this stuff got here."

              Bentina walked up seeing an assortment of jewels. "Wha- vivian...." She sighed calming herself.  "How long was it here."

               Vivian frowned.  "I just saw it today, Duckworth didn't he had to go shopping. But I promise I didn't take this."

                 Bentina sighed hugging her. "Alright Alright,  I trust you. You wouldn't know how to enter the bin."

                            "Well I went in once to put his dime in ..."

                             "Ok....lucky you I'm a retired spy. We'll put these back before he suspects a thing."

                              "Um...do we need to tell Duckworth.  I don't want him disappointed..but I don't wanna lie either."

                              "That'll be for you to decide dear. Come on let's get this back."

                The ladies snuck the gems out not noticing a pair of green eyes in the shadows watching and recording.