Episode 6 Trying Patience

After the spar Duckworth,  Bentina and Vivian became quite a trio. Duckworth was a much happier butler for sure and Scrooge took notice.

    "So hiring the lass was a well move ?"

    "Indeed Master Scrooge. I find her very helpful and fast footed with her chores."

   Scrooge nods noting the smile. "Well good at least she's no hindrance.  Ah ye seem upbeat yourself lately."

    Duckworth bowed his head. " Yes master Scrooge very so."

         "Pardon my asking Duckworth but is something on with you 2? Ye guard her often."

      "Oh , no master nothing whatsoever. "

    Scrooge let him on his way thinking. It's not like his butler wasn't aloud a life afterall he'd earned it. Honestly though Scrooge didn't want anything to change more then it had. He was interrupted by a message from his computer.

      He didn't like these new fangled things but it was the only way to reach his council.

         "So nervous are we Scrooge? But then having a third paycheck to sign must kill you."

        "As long as Duckworth's well with it I've no complaints.  What's this about?"

        "We have suspicion of that employee. Best be careful she doesn't turn Duckworth's head against you."

         "Ah nonsense he'd never betray me now be off."

   He hung up getting to paperwork lost in thought. Duckworth turn on him or leave? Nonsense,  then again he was on the girl like Scrooge on treasure .

   Now he thought whom was the girl? Duckworth only said he met her outside never giving anything else. And why all of a sudden are his council asking of her ? Perhaps it was worth a look.

       At the bank of Duckberg shadowed figures gathered at a conference room. Yes we know , wow a butler has a mystery girl his master is suspicion of now this. Roll with it.

       The head figure sat looking much like a vulture.

   "Good we're all here. Now you know what's happening,  our little fox is straying from her path. "

    "Why should it matter she's just a punk."

    "The punk as you say was supposed to rid us of Scrooge.  The center of all chaos. Not be flitted away by the butler."

      " Well it's Duckworth what do you expect." Others nodded agreeing, Duckworth is very famed you see.

     The head shadow sighed annoyed. "I expect Order and I shall have it. I think it's time we be more Direct. Let's send a message to Vivian. "

         See I told you it gets fire in here .