Episode 5 : Warriors Way

Bentina's Pov

     Jealous? No, suspicious yes. I could care less what the butler gets into. However the way he acted around this girl was.... downright awkward.

    If anything he is like that annoyingly perfect big brother. You despise them yet feel the need to protect. I decided to confront the fox myself .

        "Vivian I'd like a word."

      She folded the last of her laundry giving me that look.

       "Ok? Shoot ."

        "What is your game here? Scrooge never hires yet the butler hires you on a whim. "

         "Oh...it's complicated. I didn't want to be hired but well you try to refuse him."

     Well that checks out from someone just meeting him at least.

       "Mhm ..how did he run across you?"

     She froze looking nervous, caught you. I smirked but of course whom do you think intervened.

        "Ah Vivian just whom I needed. Care to join me?"

        "Oh thank go- I mean yes." She gave a nervous giggle .

     Duckworth lead her out giving me a ' don't be nosey' look before leaving. Oh please although I may want a different method.

    The next month I spent trying to catch her in anything odd. The only oddness I found was her disappearing with Duckworth.

    Besides that I learned she was actually a very intellectual young lady. I found her in the study, ball room or the garden sketching it looked like.

    My musings were interrupted by Vivian noticing me .

            "Hey what's your problem? You've been dogging me all month. "

      No one speaks to me like that and leaves me a little flustered. I mean what? Shutup.

          "My problem is I know you're up to something with Duckworth."

          "Why do you care you taunt him daily."

          "Never you mind." I sighed. " There's no other way, alright I've seen you practice martial arts?"

         "Kung Fu, tiger style as well as fox obviously."

         "Hm. What do you say to a spar? You understand a warriors mindset after all ."

      She smirked accepting, I lead her to the courtyard. Time to see what she is about.

     Duckworth pov

     I sighed spotting bentina and Vivian outside.

        "What is Bentina up to now?"

    This rivalry was more a bother then entertainment. Though as I watched the ladies spar I saw Bentina's attitude change .

     Only someone whom knew her would notice . She seemed to go from suspicion, to annoyance directly to spunkiness.

      I tilted my head in curiosity. "Hm intriguing."

     I met Bentina at the back garden door as Vivian went the other way.

         "So what's your judgement."

    Bentina looked at me fixing her hair. "She's....not deserving of All my suspicion. But Duckworth? Look after her or so help me."

     I chuckled lightly as she gave me the 'watching you' sign. My my , to have earned Bentina's respect?

    Well done Vivi.