Chapter 10

Mikey: (takes files in his hands) your name is Kanae Haruto, am I correct?

Konomi: (eyes darken) where did you hear that name from?

Mikey: it's the name your father gave.

Kokonoi: wait so your name isn't Konomi?

Konomi: it is, I had it legally changed.

Ran: why?

Konomi: because I refuse to answer the name given to you by that sorry excuse for a father, Konomi is the name my mother wanted so I decided to answer that.

Mikey: did you know your father was part of a mafia?

Konomi: I knew he was up to something shady but not sure what exactly.

Mikey: I see.

Konomi: wait why are you asking me all these questions, and how do you know my father?

Mikey: some few years ago your father used you as payment for one of our services.

Konomi: payment?

Mikey: yes he put you as payment until he could pay back normally with cash, but he died shortly after.

    When she finally understood her situation she clenched her fist and lowered her head she was obviously in pain and felt betrayed.

Konomi: I see....you know I always hated that man, he sent my mother to an early grave and he always treated me like some kind of stupid asset, I hate him (tears then start to drop from her eyes to her lap).

Kakucho: if you don't mind me asking, why did you leave Japan so quietly, I thought you didn't know about the deal?

Konomi: well when my father died I started to live alone, and I got into some trouble.

Rindou: trouble?

Konomi: yeah, my dad died when I was seventeen years old and when that happened a guy approached me, he said he wanted to be my boyfriend, I wasn't in the mood so I told him no, but he insisted so I told my aunt in the US and she snuck me out of Japan.

Mikey: I see.

Konomi: so what now what are you going to do with me.

Kokonoi: *that's actually a very valid question*

Mikey: you'll stay in the Bonten HQ and take care of things.

Konomi: I'm confused.

Mikey: cleaning, cooking, first aid and other things like that.

Konomi: so a maid?

Sanzu: exactly Bonten's little maid.

Mikey: Kokonoi, untie her and take her to her new room.

Kokonoi: of course.

    Kokonoi then untied her, took her out of the office and walks her to her new room.

Kokonoi: tell me Konomi do you hate us for this?

Konomi: no, you guys haven't done anything, the only person I hate is my father he's the only reason I'm here, he's lucky he died earlier, I probably would have killed him myself.

Kokonoi: alright here we are (opens a door) this is your room.

   The door Kokonoi opened led to a beautifully furnished and spacious room.

Konomi: wow this is my room? Are you sure I'm a maid?

Kokonoi: yeah it is.

Konomi: (smiles at him) thank you Kokonoi.