Four

Carlos

If he could turn back time and change one thing in his life, Carlos would go back to the night before and kick his past self for taking Diane home with him. It was a stupid decision and he had no one else to blame but his cock.

It wasn't that Diane wasn't beautiful. No she had gorgeous grey eyes and a great smile, and even at risk of sounding like a douchebag- she was pretty good in bed. The only thing Carlos didn't like about her was that she was too clingy, practically hanging from his hip from the time they got to lunch until now. Without a doubt he knew that she'd let the press know about their little rendezvous.

Now standing here at the hotel her sister Alyssa was in, Carlos was racking his brains thinking of a way to politely excuse himself. This was how it always ended, he would hook up with someone, then get wrapped up in an awkward situationship with them the next day which always ended up with him having to slowly ghost them. He knew it was a dick move but he wasn't ready to settle down just yet. He wasn't in the market for a girlfriend.

They were about to drop Alyssa off and Carlos had his excuse all planned out when Diane had whisked him off to where Alyssa's friend, the girl from the night before stood. Sandwiched awkwardly between Diane and Alyssa, Carlos had no other option but to stay put- at least until Alyssa and her friend left.

Her friend looked just as uncomfortable as he felt but she hid it well. She was smiling, almost pityingly at Diane and Carlos didn't know if it was because of him or something else. Slightly thrown off by her stoic expression, he found himself staring intently at her as Diane was prattling on about the lunch. She wasn't like most girls he got involved with. A part of him couldn't help but notice her fit figure, she wasn't petite- instead the perfect ratio between fit and curvy. Her hair was down this time, framing her face making her even more beautiful. She had intelligent eyes, eyes that said that almost nothing ever got past her.

Morgan. Her name suited her he thought and he watched as she politely conversed with Diane. Alyssa was standing beside her, concern etched over her features as she noticed Morgan playing with the watch at her wrist.

"Is there somewhere you ought to be?" Alyssa asked, cutting Diane's narrative of the canapés they'd served for lunch.

Morgan looked glad for the intrusion. "Work," she said, giving Diane an apologetic smile in the process, "I have a flight in a few hours that I gotta catch,".

"Around what time because I have to go to the airport too, I can give you a ride," Carlos found himself saying and quickly amended, "if you're planning on taking a cab there,".

All three of them went silent and he wanted to slap himself for being so forward.

She smiled, a genuine smile thank fuck, Carlos thought. "Mines at 12am," she said as she continued playing with her watch. Doable, he had a flight at 2am but he could just hang around in the airport with the rest of his team until then.

Carlos slowly removed Diane's hand from around his waist, "Perfect. Mines around the same time so I'll pick you up at 9?", he asked. He was embarrassed at how eager he sounded. Morgan nodded, "Okay I'll see you then," and then turning to Diane, "Your gallery was amazing Diane, thanks for inviting me!" she said and before Diane could come up with something coherent to say Carlos watched as Morgan walked down the lobby without so much as looking back.

"What the hell?", was all what Diane could manage to say as she watched Morgan walk
away.

***

If he looked like an idiot for showing up half an hour before he was supposed to pick up Morgan, Carlos didn't care. More like he couldn't help it, he thought as he sat at the hotel lounge and scrolled through some emails. There were a few from his media manager asking him about his recent rendezvous with Diane so that she can handle all questions and allegations the media threw at him. He ignored them, he wasn't in the mood to type out an explanation or give her any details about Diane. She was capable enough to find that out on her own.