Thirteen

Carlos

She snored. It reminded him of a puppy growling in its sleep. Carlos turned to look at Morgan who was hugging her knees and was curled into a ball, her head resting on the window as she slept soundly. Her eyebrows were furrowed as if even in her sleep she was mad at someone or something. Probably him, he thought with a chuckle as he sipped his coffee. Morgan shifted slightly, her arm brushing against his before she snuggled deeper into her hoodie. He couldn't help but find it amusing how she managed to sleep in such an uncomfortable position. Her legs were bent around awkwardly and she was sleeping heavily on her left arm which he knew would be sore once she woke up.

"Would you like anything else?" It was the air hostess, Carlos looked up to find her smiling sweetly at him. Her eyes were a brilliant blue, her lips parted into a warm smile. He turned to look at Morgan who was soundly asleep.

He turned back towards the stewardess and shot her a grin, "Well there is something actually," he said with a wink.

***

They were fifteen minutes away from landing and Carlos returned to his seat and strapped on his seatbelt.

"You look flushed, looks like you're getting a fever," Morgan was awake and she said that with a small snort. Carlos turned to find her staring at him with a knowing look. For some reason he felt guilty but he tampered it down. So what? It had been a stressful week and he needed something to get his mind off it. Morgan raised her eyebrows, clearly unimpressed but said nothing as she unbuckled her seatbelt and slid out of her seat and past him.

"You should be seated ma'am, we're landing in a few minutes," the stewardess said just as Morgan stepped onto the aisle. Carlos watched as Morgan gave the stewardess a tight lipped smile, "I just need to freshen up, won't be long,".

"But we're landing in a few minutes,"

"Like I said I won't be long," he could hear the irritation creeping into her voice and Carlos could tell that she was straining to keep it at bay.

The stewardess wasn't backing down either, "I'm sorry but you have to remain seated,".

To his surprise Morgan moved back into her seat, slamming her purse on the tray table. "I'm sorry but the trays need to go up as we prepare for landing," the stewardess said.

"Why don't you go look for someone else's boyfriend to fuck instead of coming at my throat?" her tone was sickly sweet and so was the expression on her face. Reddened, the stewardess backed out and walked to the opposite side of the plane putting as much distance as she could between herself and Morgan. "I've jumped off moving planes and here she is telling me I can't take a damn piss when we're a good fifteen minutes away from landing. It's not like I'm going to fall off the toilet if we hit a bit of turbulence," Morgan muttered almost to herself as she pulled out a small mirror and began touching up her makeup. When she noticed him looking she turned to face him, her expression hard and her eyes cold, "What?"

"Nothing, just-,"

"Oh good so nothing, now let me put my makeup in peace,"

Carlos expertly avoided speaking to her as she took her time finishing up her makeup. Finally when he couldn't handle the silence no more he turned to her, an apology at the tip of his tongue.

"Save it," she said, "Focus on how you're going to sell this relationship after you already established just minutes ago in the bathroom, that you're willing to jeopardize it"

"It's been a tough week,"

She made a face, "You don't see me fucking the next thing that has a set of tits,"