Seven

Carlos

Carlos was still reeling from his last encounter with Morgan as he followed Charles into a big conference room. She had been on edge, yelling profanities at him and her face was set to a permanent frown. Carlos didn't know what he had said or done to receive her anger and that had been bothering him for days. "Everything good?" Lando asked from behind him as they filed into the room and Carlos just gave him a nod in response. At the front stood a woman in a pristine grey suit who stared him down as he made his way towards the chairs that had been lined up for them. He didn't know what he had done to deserve her scrutiny but he wasn't going to ask her that. One by one the drivers took their seats and the team principals along with the CEO's took their seats at the side of the room.

"Wonder what this is all about," Charles said as he fixed the collar of his shirt, "Did Frederic tell you anything?" his teammate asked.

Carlos shook his head, "Nothing, just that we had to fly to England for a group meeting,"

"I heard that I was some business deal one of the CEO's had brokered with another company for next years season and it had fallen out," Pierre whispered from beside Charles. Carlos almost grinned at Pierre's talent at scouring the gossip in the grid. The Frenchman had a knack of getting solid information that no one else knew.

"Why does a failed business deal render us all getting together for a group meeting?" Lando asked from beside him. None of them had an answer to that and when the woman at the front cleared her throat earning all their attention in the process, Carlos had a feeling that he was going to find out.

The woman smiled at them all. "First off let me introduce myself, I'm Jenna Davis head of the Matador unit. As your team principals and I have discussed and come to a conclusion, it is impertinent that you all are under strict security due to the recent breach of protocol as a  company that I am not authorized to state has brought upon severe repressions to your safety,". A wave of conversation built up in the room but it was quickly interrupted when Jenna cleared her throat again. "I'm sure you have questions," she said as she turned to a screen at the front and pressed a button on the iPad she was holding. Two mugshots of men appeared on the screen. "What you're looking at are two mercenaries who were deployed to take out both Mr.Wolff and Mr.Vasseur, thanks to their tight security team they managed to survive amidst a few casualties,". Everyone's eyes turned to both Toto and Frederic who were seated at the front. Carlos shared a look with Charles. How did they not know about this?

"It has all been very tight lipped since the occurrence hence why word of it didn't spread around," Jenna said almost as if she read his mind. "The details as to why this happened cannot be fully revealed for security purposes but it's come to a conclusion that you all will be getting new security teams from my unit and they will be headed by my best agents who will be joining us shortly," she briefly looked at the closed double doors that led to the room before turning back to them. "It's all very simple, you are all under target from this agency and strict security measures will have to be followed. I've briefed your team principals about them and they will share those procedures with you and the rest of your team once this meeting is adjourned. There will be agents deployed to stay with you throughout the season starting from when you leave this place," she said and just as she was about to show them the next slide the doors of the room opened.

"Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes," Jenna mused as a woman walked into the room. Carlos's mind went blank the second he recognized her. "Well infiltrating a base camp full of mercenaries brings out the best in me," Morgan said winking at Jenna in the process. She was covered in blood but showed no signs of being injured. Her back was straight, her walk almost a swagger as she made her way towards Jenna and passed something that looked like a lighter which Jenna pocketed immediately.