Five

Morgan

"Have all your things?" Jenna asked over the phone as Morgan put on a pair of earrings, she had kept her look simple trying her best to give off the impression of a tourist in the midst of her 'euro summer'. "Yeah I have, I deposited the cash at the bank you've mentioned in the file. I'll give him the account number and pin after he hands over the pictures," Morgan said as she applied a light layer of mauve lipstick that complimented her sea-green dress. Happy with how she looked she decided to wear a pale blonde wig that made her face look lighter and washed out. Dabbing some blush over her cheeks she looked closely into the mirror for any imperfections. Her reflection revealed a bright-eyed girl who looked like she was excited to see what Madrid had to offer to her. Her mood soured a fraction when she remembered who else she'd be sharing the city with. If luck was on her side she wouldn't bump into Carlos. She didn't know why she lied about her final destination but at the moment she felt like it was the right thing to do. She picked up her purse and ensured her gun was tucked in neatly before feeling under her skirt for the dagger she had strapped around her thigh, "I'm all set," she said as she picked up her phone and shrugging her jacket on. It was November and the weather was a bit chilly.

"Alright, let me know once you've secured the transfer," Jenna said before hanging up.

Shrugging on a white bolero, Morgan left the hotel and decided to go to the meeting spot by foot, she had scoured her surrounding area the night before and the cafe Hernando had wanted to meet up in was only a ten minute walk away. She was right on schedule, if not a little early.

The streets weren't as busy as she dreaded it would be. It was a good thing as that meant many civilians wouldn't be caught in the crossfire that would ensure if she was compromised, it was also helpful to spot anyone suspicious who would be lurking around the corners tracking her every move. While the job wasn't as tough as most of her assignments were, Morgan knew that she ought to keep her guard up. One wrong move and everything could go down in flames. She stopped by a florist and allowed her time to stare at the flowers on display. It was all an act, and whoever skillful enough to catch up on her bullshit would know that she was here for business and nothing else but she had to keep it up for the sake of it. The street vendors were calling out to her, some bold enough to even whistle good naturedly as she offered them bashful smiles and fluttered her eyelashes in response to their compliments. If she were here on holiday- she couldn't even finish the thought, she didn't know the last time she was allowed at least a week off. Her family and friends thought she was buried deep in investments and business proposals with wealthy people from around the world, little did they know what exactly her job entailed. She doubted her mother would be jumping up in joy at the idea of her daughter putting her life on the line on a casual Sunday.

She was near the cafe now and Morgan pulled out her phone to take a selfie, giving her best impression of an excited tourist ready to have breakfast before going sightseeing. She pocketed her phone and flashed the waiter outside a smile before walking into the cafe. She already knew who Hernando was, unlike Morgan he hadn't even tried to blend in with the crowd. At a table at the far corner of the cafe, near the closest exit he sat, hunched over his ipad. She made her way to him and pulled out the chair in front of him, effectively earning his attention in the process.

"I didn't expect Jenna to send me an amateur. You don't look a day over eighteen," he huffed out as Morgan decided not to give him a reply to his comment instead flash him a bright smile. "Let's make this quick, I need to grab myself some good paella from the local restaurant near my hotel," Morgan said as she sat down. A closed envelope was sitting on the table but judging by its pristine white edges and smooth surface Morgan knew that it was just a part of the image Hernando was trying to make. It was a test. Why he was making it complicated for her, she didn't know but she placed her left hand over her purse allowing herself easy access to her gun.