Nine

Morgan

Morgan winced as she felt the bright summer sunshine hit her face from the half opened curtains of her window. She groaned at the thought of what awaited her today as she sat up and rubbed furiously at her eyes. Her fingers came back with black smudges reminding her that she hadn't taken off her makeup before she'd gone to bed. With Vienna's mission being a success but rather a grueling job, she had been too tired to shower before she'd gone to bed. Thankfully she'd washed off the little blood she had on her on her way back to London so she didn't have to ring the house-staff to come clean up her sheets.

Running a warm shower, she quickly slipped into the clothes Carlos's management team had picked out to for her and sent. She rolled her eyes at the navy blue midi dress, a matching Fendi purse and white sandals. Did his team really think she's some simpleminded idiot who'd show up for their first public outing in blood covered clothes?

She got dressed and sat in front of her mirror to put on her makeup. Halfway through she decided to call Alyssa and bring her upto speed with what was to unfold.

Alyssa picked up in two rings, "Hey babes how's it going?" her friend asked from the other side of the line. Morgan applied her mascara neatly, careful not to smudge it around her eyes, "Pretty chill, I do have some news for you tho," she said as she almost crossed her eyes to get the mascara on her bottom lashes.

"Uh oh what is it? Did you kill someone? Divorced some husband I have no idea about? I'm sure my dad has a good lawyer,"

"No you doofus. Quite the contrary, I'm seeing someone,"

"What? Who?" Alyssa was practically screeching from the other side.

"You'd be a little surprised, it's this Spaniard Formula 1 driver," Morgan's words were dripped with excitement. Convincing Alyssa was the first test she had to face when it came to her fake relationship with Carlos. Morgan felt like if Alyssa believed her story then convincing the rest of the world wouldn't be that hard.

"You bitch! Who is it? Omg I'm practically dying in anticipation don't leave me hanging!"

"It's Carlos,"

"What the actual fuck!" Alyssa was screaming in excitement on the other side, Morgan suspected that if she went any louder she'd be at a frequency only dogs could hear. "Tell me the deets! I fucking knew that something would spark between you two on your car ride to the hotel. Diane knew it too that's why she's been moping around for the past few days,"

Morgan suddenly felt bad for her bestfriend's step sister, "Oh god she's gonna hate me even more now is she?"

"Nah babes you're good, she's found some distraction with this Greek hot shot. Says he's a prince or something,"

Morgan chuckled, "Well I'm happy for her,"

"Forget about her, now tell me how it all happened,"

And Morgan did. Reading through her file countless times the first time she got it, the story of how she met Carlos was already engraved in her head. They had met at Alexandra's gallery, that much was true. He'd offered to drive her to the airport, that was true too. And from there's when the story was fabricated. They'd sparked a connection, she flew over to Madrid after her work meeting to meet him, she'd not been his date for the wedding since it was still too early to confirm their relationship but they'd gone on several private dates while she stayed in Madrid with him and now they've decided to make it official.

"So tell me. How's he in the sack?" Alyssa asked once Morgan was done explaining.

Morgan almost slammed her lipstick into her teeth, "Alyssa!"