Twenty Eight

A/N: just wanted to share a picture of what I think Morgan looks like. I randomly found this on my Pinterest and she perfectly fit the picture I had of Morgan in my head.
Lmk what you think!
~~

Morgan

She had managed to evade Carlos for two days. Morgan was in no mood to have a conversation with him or to even give him an explanation about her relationship with Hawk. Not that she owed one anyways. One thing her mother had always kept drilling into her head was that women did not ever have to explain themselves to a man. She agreed with her mother. Women were hardwired to always say sorry, and always provide an explanation for their actions while men were allowed to do whatever they wanted to do without owing society an explanation. So why tell him? Why explain something personal? Right now, their relationship wasn't something that owed him an understanding of her actions. She was allowed to sleep with whomever she wanted to.

With that in mind, Morgan made her way to the car where Carlos waited. Today was race day which meant that it was the official day everyone saw Carlos and Morgan as an item. The Ferrari management team had made sure she looked picture-perfect. Now, making her way towards his car in a deep red Dior suit, she almost turned on her heel to go back into the hotel room. A hair and makeup team had pounced on her the second she had woken up and while she did look good, she wasn't a fan of how tightly they had slicked back her hair into a ponytail. Any tighter and her eyes would probably pop right out of their sockets. She caught Carlos staring at her from the driver's seat. With the new security measures reducing the drivers' access to fans during their walk to the paddock, Carlos and the rest of the drivers had the freedom of driving to the circuit.

"Good morning," his tone was clipped and he avoided looking at her. Morgan swallowed down a sigh and put on her seatbelt as he drove out of the driveway. Behind them another Ferrari with three agents followed closely as they made their way out into the street.

"Sleep well?" He asked, the double meaning behind those words obvious with his tone.

She rolled her shoulders back and opened the pull down mirror, "Yeah wonderfully," she said as she reapplied her lipstick. She could see the slight bob in his throat as he swallowed but Carlos didn't say anything.

"What about you?" she asked, the silence in the car stretching out awkwardly.

"Same as you," he said. She hid her annoyance.

"Once we get into the circuit, I will be walking down the fan stretch to sign a few autographs and take pictures- you're free to join me or you can go straight into the paddock," Carlos said as he took a right turn.

"You already know my answer," she replied curtly.

"So into the paddock?"

"I did not bust my ass off for four months building up this fake relationship with you to just scurry into the paddock like some headless chicken. I'm obviously coming with you. Plus you need someone to watch your back,"

"I'm not too sure if you're the right one for that."

"Is this about Hawk? What is wrong with you?" She snapped at him unable to tone down the wave of anger that overtook her.

"It's not Hawk." he was using that clipped tone again. She wanted to smack him.

"Then what?" Morgan pressed.

"Give me some space to interact with the fans once we get there. Enzo will be walking with you and he'll take you into the paddock with me," Carlos said ignoring her question. She wanted to argue with him but she saw the circuit looming ahead and with it the crowd of photographers that were waiting outside. She sighed and leaned against her seat and as always whenever the cameras were around, Carlos reached down to her hand and entwined his fingers with hers.