Nineteen

Morgan

Fuck. What had just happened? This was not how she ought to be confronting him about his absence. She felt stupid as she hurriedly fixed her hair and her dress. Morgan kept cursing at herself as she tried to get herself to calm down after what had just transpired between Carlos and her but her traitorous mind kept replaying that kiss.

"Morgan?" Carlos called out, interrupting her thoughts in the process.

"Yeah I'm done," she said as she put down the hairbrush and made her way out of the bathroom. He still looked a bit disheveled and Morgan made sure to avoid looking at his lips as she walked past him to take her purse.

"I-," Carlos began as he grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him. She wanted to protest but she couldn't when he ducked his head down and kissed her softly on the lips again. Her mind went blank the second their lips touched and a part of her just wanted to rip off his clothes and let him take her right here on the table. She pulled back, alarmed at where she was treading to and placed a hand on his chest, "We need to go downstairs Carlos," she said unable to hide the small smile that made its way to her face. "I know," he said, his thumb pressing against her bottom lip, his eyes zeroed in on her. "It's just that I can't stop," he said as he grabbed her close and kissed her again. He lifted her up and placed her on the table. She gasped as he parted her legs and stood in-between them, his hand slowly sliding down her thigh and towards her warm center.

"Fuck Morgan," he whispered to her lips as he felt the wetness on the fabric of her panties. She moaned breathlessly at his touch, her hands digging into his hair.

"What are you doing to me Morgan?" Carlos breathed.

A knock sounded and she pushed him away from her, "Come on Sainz, we can talk about this later," she said as she hopped off the table and made her way to the door. Her legs were reduced to jelly at this point but she made sure to keep as much distance as she could from him as she followed both Lando and Carlos down the stairs. When she had stepped out of the room, Lando had shot her a smirk to which she replied with a scowl. Yes the kiss was good, yes she was fired up from it but that was all to it. Carlos is an attractive man and she'd be a fool if she didn't see it. If the circumstances were different and she had met him outside of work maybe she would've had him over.

For just a one night stand of course.

She knew Carlos felt the same way. Morgan shook her head, trying her best to dissipate the thoughts. She made up her mind to have a chat with him about what had happened but not until after the party.

They got to the garden where the party was being held and Morgan took some time taking in the festivities. The place was streaming with little gold lights and flowers of different shapes and colors were placed all around the venue. There was a large Christmas tree erected right in the middle of the courtyard and around it stood a crowd of people. She marveled at the lively Spanish tunes the live band played and widened her eyes at the massive spread of food and drinks.

"Pretty fancy huh," Carlos said as he came and stood beside her. His hand found hers and he wound his fingers through hers before they stepped out to the flash of cameras and reporters. The paps were circling them like a swarm of bees. They were holding microphones up at her, asking her questions about their relationship, what her favorite spots in Madrid were, what type of gifts Carlos has given her so far. Morgan's mood was a lot more lighter than it usually was around the paps and she found herself relaxing as she replied to the questions she could and had some playful banter with the reporters, laughing along with them.

"Let's get you something to drink," Carlos finally said from beside her and they made their way to the bar.

"What's your poison?" he asked as he pulled her close and wound his arm around her waist.