Six

Morgan

She had known that she was followed. As soon as she had checked into the hotel Morgan had fixed microchip cameras in her room and on the window sills facing outside. Just an hour after she had left her room to grab dinner, two men had broken into her room and rifled through her stuff. She knew they were looking for the money which thanks to her intuition she had deposited in the bank the second she got to Madrid. Foolish of them to assume her unit was silly enough to hand her millions worth of USD to bring with her to Spain. The money was a font that both Jenna and herself had led Hernando to believe he had a chance at grasping it. He was a dead man the second he'd agreed to share those files and that was on him.

The paper she had slid under the bread basket did have an account number and code but if her pursuers were to use it, it would only clear out their assets that Hawke had tapped into and connected the night before. She almost smiled at the thought of them finding out that not only was the information useless but it also took out the money they had stacked here in Madrid. Whoever was after her was doomed either way.

Morgan continued pushing through the crowd of journalists who were yelling out at some fancily dressed people in Spanish. She blocked out the crowd as she kept walking through, occasionally stepping on a foot and having to give her victim a bashful smile before snaking through the crowd again.

She was almost through when she heard his name and was brought back to reality. She caught her foot against an upturned cobblestone and stumbled rather clumsily out of the crowd and right into Carlos's line of sight. She stilled as he caught sight of her and his eyes widened in the process before he made his way to her.

"Madrid?" He asked ignoring the throng of reporters who were now crowding around them. She felt the cameras flash and immediately lifted her purse to shield her face, her hair falling out like a curtain to further obscure their glaring flashes.

"Morgan," Carlos tried again, this time earning her full attention. "What?" she snapped, both anger and frustration building up inside her as a journalist tried to pry the bag from her face. If he was shocked at her tone, Carlos didn't show as he grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the crowd and into the church. If the other guests noticed them, they didn't dare to comment as Carlos pulled her to an alcove away from their line of sight.

"Stop manhandling me," she snapped again as she pulled her arm out of his grasp, "What do you want?"

Carlos raised an eyebrow, "I'm sorry did I do something to offend you?" he asked, his tone tensed almost as irritated as hers was. She shot him a glare, "Why didn't you bloody ignore me when you saw me? Now the entire press is on me like a swarm of flies!"

"You can't blame me for that. I was surprised to see you!"

"And so? You could've still walked away for fucks sake," she whisper screamed at him, aware that the church organ softly playing a melody was the only sound in the background.

Carlos looked taken aback at her tone. "It was just that I was surprised to see you that's all," he tried again.

Morgan was too consumed in her rage over the paparazzi trying to take a picture of her. Annoying pests. "Well yes here I am in Madrid, so what?" she asked throwing her hands up in the process.

"Why are you acting like this?"

"Because you're being a cunt asking too many questions!". If a picture of hers managed to go out to the press she didn't know what Jenna would do to reprimand her. If she takes her out of her next assignment and asks her to stay low... Morgan didn't know what she'd do with herself.

Carlos was now glaring at her, "If I didn't know any better you're just like everyone else. I disclosed this information to you hoping that you wouldn't be like the other fans clamoring for my attention."