Twelve

Morgan

"You look like shit," Alyssa said as Morgan stared at herself from the mirror. She did look like shit, her eyes were all droopy due to a restless night of sleep and her skin was an ashy grey. She moved away from her phone and Alyssa's prying eyes from the other side of the line and lifted up her shirt. For some reason her stitches were taking longer to heal. "Just got a cold," she finally said when she realized the silence was stretching on. Opening her medicine box she popped in a few pain killers and an aspirin to help with her splitting headache.

"Oh make sure you don't pass that on to your lover boy there," Alyssa cooed making Morgan feel even more sick than she already was. She shot her friend a small glare, "You're honestly the worst," she muttered under her breath. Alyssa heard it and rolled her eyes, "Hey I wasn't the one who was beaming in the paparazzi pictures," she said wiggling her eyebrows in the process. Morgan decided to let her have her moment and went to finish up her bathroom routine before she packed up her toiletries and dropped them into her luggage. "You're all packed up, where you going to?" Alyssa asked as she spotted the luggage on the corner of Morgan's bed.

"Spain, Carlos and I thought we'd take a break and relax at his place,"

"Oh my God you're going to meet his parents!" Alyssa squealed and Morgan was grateful that she had her AirPods on and no one else walking outside her room could hear how enthusiastic her friend was about the little getaway.

They spoke for an hour or so as Morgan slapped on her makeup, ensuring that her skin looked good and camera ready for she had no doubt the paps would be on her like hyenas once she lands in Madrid. She opted for a comfortable pair of black sweats and a matching hoodie that she had received from Carlos's team. She spotted the Louis Vuitton label and rolled her eyes. She wasn't ready to dress up too much, her body was not in the mood for anything too tight or fancy. Slipping into a comfortable pair of shoes, she decided to keep her hair down and wear a baseball hat to tame the mess.

"You look chic, it's giving celebrity!" Alyssa cheered from the other side of the screen. Morgan almost rolled her eyes again but managed to morph her annoyance into a smile. "I'm exhausted and I'm hoping I'd get some time to catch on some sleep," she admitted as she did the last bit of her packing.

"Or maybe you could join the mile high club,"

"Piss off,"

Alyssa chuckled and Morgan shook her head in the process. There was a knock at her door and she knew it was Hawk probably waiting out for her. "I gotta go babes, I'll talk to you soon love ya," Morgan said as she hung up before making her way to the door and opening it.

"Five more minutes I need to pack in some extra-," the words died in her mouth as she realized that it was Carlos who was standing outside. He looked effortlessly good in a plain white polo and jeans and a childish part of Morgan wished that he'd spill something on his shirt before they left. "What?" she asked as she leaned against her doorframe.

"Why are you taking so long? Weren't we supposed to leave at 8am?"

She made a show of looking at her watch, "It's 8:01 don't get your knickers in a twist mate,".

Carlos scoffed, "If I was the one who got late by at least a second I have no doubt you'd try to murder me,"

"You're not that special, I save my bullets for people who are,"

"Hilarious,"

"Just take these bags out to the front," Morgan didn't bother asking him if he was okay with taking her luggages instead dumped two in front of him. "I'm not your bell boy," he said shooting her a glare in the process.