Twenty Seven

Morgan

It was all too much for her. She felt her head spin with Carlos's words. For some unknown reason she felt tears prickle at the back of her eyes and she rubbed at them vigorously in an attempt to keep the waterworks at bay. A sob bubbled up her throat and Morgan swallowed, trying her best to keep her calm and not let his words get to her.

You weren't that much of a good distraction anyways.

She bit the inside of her cheek as she found another sob bubble up her throat. He was an asshole. A selfish bastard. He had used her and for the first time in her life she had thought what they had shared was something good. Something pure.

But to Carlos it clearly was not.

She found herself leaning against the walls of the corridor as she struggled to get her thoughts together. To Carlos, what had just happened was just a mere distraction. Nothing more. She was foolish to think that their friendship was developing into something more. She was the biggest idiot out there. Morgan sighed as she ran her fingers through her hair. Wallowing about this was no good. She needed to get him out of her mind.

She found herself walking towards Hawk's room. He had told her that he'd meet her downstairs in the lobby so they could drive to the hotel Jenna and the rest of the team stayed at.

Morgan pushed thoughts of Carlos away from her mind as she knocked on the door. She was hurt. Angry. Frustrated.

She was also in the mood to do something really stupid.

Hawk opened the door, "I thought we were going to meet downstairs. I'm still getting dressed," he said as he continued buttoning up his shirt.

"Take it off, the plan changed," she said as she pushed him into his room and slammed the door after her.

"Morgan- what-," his words were cut off as she brought her lips to his and kissed him. She could feel Hawk tense but he gave into it as he scooped her up and took her to the bed. His lips were different to Carlos and his kissing was less rushed, as if he had all the time in the world and he wanted to savor her.

She didn't want that.

"I want you to fuck me so hard I lose feeling in my legs," she said as she pulled back.

"Do you want to talk about whatever's bothering you?" Hawk asked as he got on top of her.

She straddled his waist and removed her sweatshirt, exposing her breasts to him. "No, just fuck me," she demanded as she unhooked her bra.

Hawk didn't need to be told twice as he pulled her hard against him and kissed her. He was an efficient lover. He knew how to get the job done and deliver what she asked for. When she had joined the agency, Hawk had been her distraction from what had happened with Isaac. He helped her keep the pain at bay and right now, as unfair as it was to him- she was using him again.

Hawk moaned as he erupted into her but with the satisfaction that he gave her she still felt empty. Thoughts of Carlos was still swimming in her head and she realized that there was nothing she could do to distract herself. Hawk gently eased himself out of her and lay beside her as they silently stared at the ceiling.

"I'm sorry," she finally said.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?"

Morgan bit her lip as she continued looking up at the ceiling. Having sex with a man and then ranting about another with him was just too insensitive. She knew that Hawk wouldn't mind but she didn't feel like it was the best thing to do.

"I'm just mad," she admitted.

"At whom?"

Morgan sighed and she turned to find Hawk giving her a knowing grin.