The Cleaning Cupboard

Having just read the letter Hedwig had brought from Sirius, confirming that there was more than enough space for one more and that he was looking forward to meeting this special girl! Harry walked into the hall, sitting quietly across from Ron and Hermione
"So-" Asked Hermione, pouncing the moment Harry sat down "was it from Si- Snuffles?" She corrected herself, more than aware of the ears around them.

"Yeah..." Harry trailed off, distracted by Draco's absence from the Slytherin table
"Well, how is he!" Hermione pushed, eager to know that latest news on the death eaters

"Oh, um-" Harry started "Worse, he's going mad being stuck inside all day!" Focusing on his friends rather than his boyfriend.

"Well, you're going back to the house over Christmas aren't you?" Ron asked, a chicken drumstick in his hand.

"Yeah-" Harry inhaled sharply when he heard the door of the hall burst open, hoping it was Draco. The fair blonde quiff bounced a little as he strode angrily towards Harry.

"I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS, POTTER!" He began, Harry knew the routine immediately and jumped up and edged closer to his 'enemy'.

"Come off it, Malfoy!" Harry began marching out. Hermione and Ron took a half seat, unsure whether to follow of not.

"Yes, that's right Potter! Go on, blame it all on me and go sobbing to your beloved Professor Lupin!" Scoffing at the last phrase. Harry kept marching, determined to get out of the hall and into a more secluded place. Of course, Draco followed and soon enough they had found an old cleaning cupboard.

"Merlin, I hate having to do that every time we want to talk!" Harry breathed as Draco collapsed into his shoulder.

"Hey, what's up?" Harry exclaimed as soon as he saw how upset Draco was "come on talk to me..."

"We can't do this anymore Harry!" His fists were on Harry's chest

"What are you talking about Draco?" Harry asked, laughing with disbelieve

"This isn't right anymore..." He huffed out, not meeting the other boy's eye. "Pansy and I are heading to mine for Christmas-" Malfoy began explaining

"Draco-" Harry interrupted "No, you're coming to mine, what is this about? Is this from your father?"

"Harry-" Draco quivered, folding his arms tightly against his chest, nails digging into his skin.

"No, I'm not having this! I love you Draco Malfoy but you are not his pet! You do what you want and I know you want to spend Christmas with me, in peace where we can dress as Muggles and enjoy coffee and eggnog and hold hands for god's sake! We're not over until I say we are, I'm not losing you!"

There was a silence as Draco's eyes fixed on Harry, who was shaking his head, eyes lowered.

"You love me?" Draco managed to croak

"Uhm, I-" Harry swallowed his words, hands cupping Draco's face, "Yes, if you hadn't noticed Malfoy you mean the fucking world to me! And it kills me every time I have to pretend to fight you or hate you and I just want to spend time with you in a place where we don't have to hide anymore." Draco moved quickly as Harry panted after his mini-monologue, Draco's hands tightened around Harry's collar and he pulled himself up into his tiptoes and kissed him.
Behind Harry's rough exterior, his lips were soft. Draco enveloped Harry's mouth with his own,  tense heat arising in the chilly cupboard.
"I should get angry more often" Harry breathed as their foreheads fell together, his hand on the back of Draco's bright blonde head his other hand linked in each other's fingers.

"I've got to go." Harry finally whispered after a long moment of the dark silence "Ron and Hermione-"

"I know." Draco smiled, planting one last kiss.

"I've really got to go." Harry pulled away, biting his lip slightly.

"Okay, I'll give you a five-minute start-" but just as Harry went to turn the handle, it was yanked open from the outside.

Harry and Draco shared the same intense, scared look in their eyes.

"Boys. I think you ought to come with me!"

A/N
Another update!
I really love this book and I hope it gets a few more reads and things!

If you liked this please do vote for it and why not leave a comment!

My question this week is what Hogwarts house are you in?

Always x
S.