The Hospital Wing

On the far left-hand side, lay a delicate pale blond figure. His chest bare apart from intensely wrapped bandages and a crimson blood bag hanging from a trolly linking to his arm. Harry's chest tightened, his heart began to beat faster and faster.
What? No, he couldn't, not after what Harry'd done. This was impossible. Harry turned to leave but Remus caught his arm.
"Harry, you've got to talk to him" Their eyes locked.
"Remus, I can't- not, after all, I've done. Not now...." Harry trailed off eyes gazing at the floor
"More so, after what you've done." Remus sighed "Harry I wasn't going to tell you this but Narcissa Malfoy sent you an owl." Harry's eyes met Remus's "since you seemed to be in a state of shock after what had happened, I've been receiving your post...."
"Remus-" Harry began, a hint of caution in his voice. 
"She said that she didn't blame you for what you'd done. Not one bit-" Remus recited almost word for word
"But-?" Harry interrupted
"Just listen," he stopped him, "she told you that Draco had only joined the- death eaters" his voice dropping to a whisper "to save you, because of you!" Remus was shaking Harry slightly by the shoulders.
"I don't understand." Harry clenched his eyes, this was too much to process. 
"He loves you, Harry, he loves you enough to throw his life away just to save yours." Remus was almost shouting, trying so desperately to make the boy understand when a third voice joined the conversation. It was scared and weak but distinctly familiar, at least to Harry it was.
"Harry...?" It quivered and quaked, a tone of disbelieving at first. 
"Harry, please....please look at me!" It took on dominance but Harry didn't look at Draco. He didn't want to see the tears in his eyes or the pale shock on his face, and he could not see the scars, the bandages proof of how quickly and easily he betrayed his love.
"Harry...." The dominance was gone, replaced with a longing and a hope. Harry simply clenched his fists and not ever turning to look at the former love, he walked away. Out of the hospital wing, out of the school and onto the grounds. He didn't know where he was going, but as long as it was far from Draco, it was fine.

Always

S.