The Aftermath

Harry, ran to the Griffindor common room, his actions just sinking in. Broom in hand he ran through the room, but Hermione called out to him.

"Harry!" When he didn't stop, she got up and caught up with him before he could get up the stairs.

"Hello?" She asked, reaching out and holding his arm but he couldn't look her in the eye, not after what he'd just done "What's wrong? What's going on, Harry?"

"Hermione, I- I can't!" He turned away so that she did see a tear streak down his face.

"Alright." She said, letting him up the stairs and into his dorm.

Ron was looking on, across the common room, but when Hermione let Harry past, he strode toward her, in passing asked her what she knew.

"He's upset, crying," And he nodded at her once before heading up the same way Harry had.

"You alright, mate?" He sauntered in in search of his best friend. Harry's curtains were closed.

"Harry?" Ron asked again, pushing the draped fabric across to see Harry sitting with his knees up to his chest. His glasses were on the nightstand and across his chest was knitted a large, capital D.

"As much as I hate the prick, tell me what happened?" Ron opened the curtains fully and took a seat across from Harry. Tears streaked his face and he wiped the remaining tears from his eyes.

"He's a death eater" Harry stated simply, numb to the anger he'd felt earlier.

"Okay..." Ron sighed tensely "I'm guessing you ended things then?" Ron crossed his arms

"I killed him." The phrase seemed to ring in the air for what seemed like hours after it had been spoken.

"I guess that makes things less complicated..." Ron exhaled, raising his eyebrows.

The next few days passed in a trace of whispers and questions why the amazing Harry Potter was on the verge of a mental breakdown. But Harry hardly noticed the passing of time at all, all he kept seeing was Draco's shacking figure, the tears dripping from his chin to the floor and his arm. That godforsaken arm! Marked, scarred, ruined by Voldemort's signature, binding him forever to the Dark Lords service.

"Has he eaten anything since?" Hermione asked Ron, over breakfast one morning.
"Not a thing, I don't even think he's drinking." Hermione's eyebrows furrowed
"We need to tell Remus. He'd know what to do!" She confirmed and Ron nodded.
"I still can't believe it." Ron looked up at Hermione who was looking right at him
"I know, I thought Harry was really, you knew, in love." She shook her head
"Yeah, so did I. You know he always smelt like Malfoy. Even after he'd had a shower!"
"Ron!" She warned, shaking her head sadly.

They later arrived at Lupins office.
"Professor!" Hermione called, peeking her head around the door, while Ron just pushed it open and called in"Remus?"
"Ron?" Remus's head stuck out of the door above the classroom. "Oh, and Hermione! What a pleasure!" He hurried them into his study.

Always 

S.