The Bedroom

"Bloody hell!" Draco grabbed Harry's hands as soon as he was even halfway through the door of his bedroom "He hated me. I knew it, God I'm so sorry Harry! I really didn't want to ruin everything and-" Harry kissed Draco, if anything, just to shut him up.
"Everything's fine," Harry whispered, after pulling away and resting his forehead on his boyfriends.
"Really?" Draco pulled away on surprise and began pacing the room and Harry sat back on the double bed, watching him.
"But I was so sure when he started asking me all these questions like, what are your true intentions? Are you a death eater yet? What are my opinions on the wallpaper in the hallway-"
"Hang on!" Harry interrupted, stopping Draco mid-sentence "are you?"

"Am I what?" Draco paused, looking at Harry confused. 

"A death-eater?" Harry's words seemed to send a chill through the room like a draft. Their eyes met, the openness and honesty in Harry's face stirred emotion in Draco's chest.

 "No." His voice was small and weak, not above a whisper.

"Draco," Harry stood up and placed himself in front of the boy and crossing his arms, green eyes boring into him. 
"I'm not." Malfoy's eyes raised to meet Harry's, trying to catch his breath "Not yet." 

Draco exhaled through his nose, trying not to move a muscle as Harry closed his eyes, rubbing his face with both hands.  He dared to reach out and take hold of one of Harry's hands, holding it in his two.

"We can deal with this, it's not a problem yet, so stop making it one." He sighed letting his head drop forward onto Harry's shoulder.  Without opening his eyes, Harry pulled Draco into a tight hug, breathing deeply and clearing his head. 

"You're right, I'm sorry." He huffed, pressing a kiss to Draco's temple. "I told you that I wanted you just the way you were, bad family ties and all." He pulled back to appreciate the small smile on the other boys face. Harry leaned down to kiss him quickly, but he was drawn in, unwilling to pull away. The will to be close to Draco was intoxicating and for a moment he let go. He let his hands roam, dipping up under his shirt and earning a surprised gasp. Draco's hands made their way to his belt, fumbling with his jeans button.
"Not here...not now!" Harry suddenly pulled back and turned away to cool off. Malfoy sighed ruffing his hair and then dragging his hands down his face
"Alright." Draco's arms were crossed. He breathed heavily, really filling his lungs before repeating "...alright!" He undid the top button of his dark shirt as he sat down on the edge of Harry's bed. He caught Draco's eye from across the room, cracking up into laugher. The heaviness in the room was quickly dissipated, the two of them lying on their backs beside one another talking about their journeys from school their fingers twisting together.

Once Draco had fallen asleep, Harry realised how hungry he was. He covered Draco with a heavy blanket and trudged down the stairs in search for something to eat when he heard a second familiar voice coming from the kitchen. He paused before entering.
"Gay, Remus! Merlin!" Sirius sighed "can you believe it?"
"Well, he is James's son, very good at sneaking around and keeping a secret if he has to-"
"It's not that I mind, I mean the boy could run off to the circus and become a god damed contortionist and I wouldn't mind as long as he sent regular owls telling me that he was eating well and staying safe! But how could I not tell! How long has this been going with the Malfoy boy?"
"I can't really say, I only really found out a few days ago." that's when Remus laughed "and you won't believe where I caught the two of them, the cleaning cupboard just off the main hall!" Sirius bust into a roar of laugher
"Not the one where Dumbledore caught James and Lily-? HA! That's our boy! No one could convince me he's not his fathers son." Sirius grinned to himself.
"So much of James in him-"
"Uncle Remus?" Harry decided to stop eavesdropping and head in. 
"Hello, Harry!" Lupin rose to place a reassuring hand on his shoulder,
"Harry, Remus has just been filling me in on all your recent trouble making!" Sirius's eyebrows were raised so high Harry feared they wouldn't come back down.
"Am I living up to my parentage?" Harry asked, a smirk playing on his lips as he poured a glass of water, and reaching into the biscuit jar.
"Well of course! I'd fear that if you weren't we'd have to give you a strict talking to!" Sirius raised his finger at Harry, who only laughed at his Godfathers scowl.
"Not that we encourage bad behaviour, Harry-" Remus smiled tightly.
"Are you kidding Moony? Of course, we do!" Sirius wafted his raised hand. 
"Anyways, thanks, Remus. You know for getting Draco here. I really appreciate it." 
"Don't be ridiculous, I owe you my life Harry, there's not a lot I wouldn't do you for you, my boy!" He wrapped an arm around Harry's shoulders and gave him a quick squeeze.  
"Speaking of master Malfoy..." Sirius began, Harry inhales sharply in hopes that it wasn't anything too bad "do tell his that this house is very old and if he insists on slamming doors that loudly, he will have to repair them!" Sirius was smiling, taking a sip of his tea
"Yeah, I know. It's just the Malfoy's can be..." Harry searched for the word
"Difficult? Dramatic? Over the top?-" Sirius offered
"Emotional-" Harry countered 
"Oh and are you two alright to go out tonight, or at least stay upstairs, quietly!" Sirius added
"How come?" Harry asked, hands on the back of the chair opposite where Remus had sat back down.
"There's an Order meeting and unless you want your boyfriend in hot water for trespassing on behalf of you-know-who then I'd get him out of the house." Sirius was smiling but Harry knew he was being honest.
"Okay, I'll be sure to pass that on to my 'boyfriend'." Repeating the emphasis Sirius had put on the word and turning out of the kitchen.

"Draco?" Harry knocked on the door, letting himself in but finding the room empty. 
Sure he'd left a tired boy in there earlier he went along the hallway looking in the other bedrooms, to no avail. He went back downstairs, finally finding him in the study looking up at the family tree. 
"Find anything good?" Harry asked, slotting in beside him, eyes always finding Sirius's scored portrait first. 
Draco remailed quiet for some time, leaning into Harry's shoulder prompting him to slide his arm around the Slytherins back.
"They're not good people." He sighed finally, eyes not leaving the mural just yet "They might have been if it was different. But they're not." He turned to Harry, looking sadder and more lost than Harry had ever seen him.
"Your people are good. They chose the good and fought for it-" He reached out to touch Sirius's spot "They sacrificed."
"You can choose the good, too." Harry tightened his grip on Draco's waist, "You've got so much good in you already." 

"I hope you're right." He whispered toward the wall, the clenching feeling in his chest telling him otherwise. 

A/N
Hello guys! Another chapter has landed, and I really hope you enjoy it.

Keep reading and commentating and voting! It really helps moi, so please keep it up

Always x
S.