Draco's World

Draco took the invisibility cloak back to the dungeon and dressed in his own clothes this time. As he skulked into the great hall for breakfast, he wished he'd just gone to sleep. He was now feeling the hangover, and his body ached. Needless to say, he was experiencing the consequences of partying hard, and oh how he hated it.
Harry wasn't around for most of that day, the glimpses he saw of his boyfriend were few and far between. Harry always seemed to rush, as well, looking very sweaty and very stressed. Draco desperately wanted to know what the letter had said, and why Harry was suddenly acting like this.
But at midday, Draco received his own letter. It was from his father and it was far worse than he was expecting. All he wanted and all he really needed was to talk to the one person that he really loved and who really cared about him. He wanted Harry.  But he couldn't talk to him, not about this and not now. Harry was clearly not handling his own problems very well and Draco just couldn't burden him further.

So after dinner, which Harry missed, Draco went to find Snape.
As soon as he walked into the classroom, his head of house rose and waved his wand at the door which locked with a loud slam.
"Professor... I...-" Draco tried to talk but Snape seemed to know.
"Stop!" He ordered and Draco did, but the tears on his cheeks kept coming
"I can't do it, not to D-" he began again
"Stop whining." His teachers voice snapped "there are ears all over this castle, just waiting for you to let something slip."
"But Snape, I don't I can do it." Draco pleaded
"You have no option,  He chose you." And then Snape stepped in closer and lowered his voice to a whisper "or he'll kill your beloved Potter."
And as Snape raised his head, a smirk forming in his lips, and realisation dawned on Draco. He stumbled out of the room and ran the way back to his dorm but balloon in Draco's chest kept growing until Draco couldn't breathe. His heart beating so quickly it might but beat through his skin, arms and legs shaking, mind racing a million miles a minute.
Nothing made sense. He knew, Snape knew, maybe even his father...
But  Draco had a choice, and he had to protect the people he loved.

Always
S.