The Return

Suddenly it's felt like someone hit fast forward. Remus ran into the room grabbing Harry's arm and the bag and trunk that sat on the bed. He didn't speak other than fast, quiet mutters to himself
"Remus, what-?" Harry asked, shocked by his teachers rapid and unexplained actions. But as he was pulled down the stairs he didn't hear anyone else in the house.
"Where's Sirius? What's going on?" Harry asked Remus but all he got was a sharp "Not now." in response. Something bad was happening but before he could look around for his godfather, Harry's gut was twisted and then untwisted as he landed with a thud of gravity at the gates of Hogwarts.
"Remus, what's happening?" Harry asked, his voice and legs shaky trying to catch his breath before entering the grounds, but Remus kept walking up the long drive.
"The ministry was on their way," Remus told him as Harry caught up "I'd caught word of it at the Leaky Cauldron and managed to beat them there." Harry had to almost run to keep up
"On their way where? Remus where is Sirius-" Harry was asking, jogging to keep up
"On their way to the house, Harry!" Remus turned to face him "On their way to take him back." His eyes lowered to the gravel and with a jerk, Remus surged on.
"But who told them?" Harry asked, but Remus just shook his head.
"I don't know that yet, Harry. Whoever it was, knew that Sirius was there and was out to get him." His eyes hard and face set in a grimace.
As the two arrived at the front door of the castle, Remus slowly lowered Harry's bags and trunk which he'd been levitating the way up the drive.
"I'll leave you here. I've got to check on the house and then try to find Sirius..." Remus pondered aloud
"Any idea where he could be?" Harry chipped in, hopeful that Sirius was alright
"I've got a few hunches but he can be very deceiving" Remus smirked slightly before his mouth dropped at the edges again.
"I've got to hurry, Dumbledore knows you're here." And with that Remus began hurrying back down the track. But before he could leave Harry pulled him into a quick hug.
"Make sure he's safe Remus, please?" And he heard Remus laugh slightly
"Of course I will, Harry, of course, I will" but this time Remus really was on his way.
"Send me an owl once you find him!" Harry shouted after him, but he was unsure whether or not he'd heard.

Always
S.