Sequel Teaser Chapter!

Harry thought that the summer would have given him some time. Time to think, to move on, to deal with any of those hard to ignore feelings. But on September 1st as he boarded the train, he felt familiarity rushing back through his mind. Every moment he and Draco had shared, all the crazy and downright foolish things they'd done, going back to Hogwarts felt wrong without the blonde by his side.

Because things had changed, that's one thing Harry knew for sure. He knew that given Draco's situation things would be better if they stayed away from each other, after all he didn't need another Death Eater tracking his every move. Especially not one that he was sleeping with.

Harry knew he was better off, but that doesn't mean he had to like it.

However, it was Harry that had hurt Draco and Harry that had left him at the top of the Astronomy Tower for dead, doubting he'll ever be able to forget that guilt that seemed to be welded to one side of his heart.

"Are you sure you're okay Harry?" Hermione asked, pulling him back slightly as Ron surged on to find an empty compartment.

"You won't have to see him anymore if you don't want to. It might be easier that way...?" She suggested as they continued to walk through the slim corridor.

Harry sighed, "I doubt I can avoid him forever, Hermione." He looked back and met her eye, which were wide and solemn.

"I know that, but I also know-" Her voice dropped to a whisper as a few 2nd years passed "-I also know that you still love him."

Harry whipped his head around and opened his mouth to say something but then decided against it.

"I'm not telling you what to do, but it might be easier and safer if you just try to cut him out." There was a brief moment of silence before the temper that was building in Harry's chest exploded

"You have no idea what this is like, so stop shoving your nose in it!" He stormed off down the train, leaving his bushy haired friend flabbergasted and somewhat upset.

It wasn't until later, when Ron found him in a compartment with Luna, Nevill, Ginny and a petite dark haired girl who looked to be Ginny's friend. Everyone inside silenced and looked up at the red-head as he pushed open the door,

"Alright everyone?" Ron grinned, almost prompting the various conversations to begin again before nodding to Harry and pointing to the hall. Closing the door behind him, Harry joined Ron who folded his arms.

"I get that you're going through some shit right now, what with you and-" Ron coughed uncomfortably in replacement for a certain Slytherin's name "-but you can't start taking this stuff out on Hermione and me again." Harry looked down, he'd been thinking about what he'd said to her before and felt awful. She was just trying to help and what did Harry do? He put her down for it.

"Ron, I know and I feel awful now-" Harry looked up slowly from the carpet

"She was really quite upset. Cried a bit, as well." Ron mumbled, looking off down the train. Another rock of dread seemed to plummet in Harry's stomach. He managed to make his best friend cry and they hadn't even started the year yet? Oh boy.

"Look, Ron I hate myself for being like this and I'm trying to change. I'm going to take Hermione's advice and cut him from my life." Harry finished, and Ron turned to look him in the eye.

"Cold chicken?" He asked sceptically, obviously a muggle term he'd tried picked up from Hermione

"Cold turkey." Harry responded, not being able to help himself from smiling

"Come on, you two need to talk." Ron patted Harry's shoulder with his lanky arm as they walked together down to the other compartment.

Things would have been fine if the man himself, Draco Malfoy hadn't stepped from a compartment just a few door's down from Harry, Hermione and Ron's. Harry looked up, accidentally meeting the boy's eye. Something about those icy grey's made it feel like his soul was freezing over but also like his heart was melting. He hated that Draco had such a physical effect on him, that he wouldn't just be able to turn off. They both kept their eyes down as they walked closer to one another, moving aside to let the other pass. But as they were squeezed together, Harry could smell the cologne he'd gotten from Ron a few years ago, that Draco had taken before they'd broke up.

They'd only been together for a few weeks when Draco curled up next to Harry on a large plush sofa in front of a fireplace in the library, which used to be their secret meeting point when he'd said

"I love the way you smell." It was simple and unapologetic, and Harry loved him for it.

There it was, another rock of guilt weighing him down. The boy looked rough, dark circles below his eyes and his cheeks seemed more hollow than usual. When his eyes rose to meet Harry's, Draco looked helpless and broken but Harry had decided he was done. He wouldn't play into Malfoy's kicked-puppy manipulation.

"Come on, let's go." Harry mumbled to Ron as he surged on down the corridor.

//Authors Note\\

AAHH! This is exciting, I've been working on this for so long so to have it out in the world is amazing!

Head over to my profile  for the second book 'It's Over Now' as well as the third instalment 'Starting Again' !

I hope you enjoy the rest of the series! Comments and votes on the new book would be great, thank you all!

🎉 You've finished reading Not over until I say it is! (A Drarry and Harry Potter fanfiction | Over series) 🎉