The Surprise

They arrived at Lupins office and Harry walked straight in, not bothering to knock.
"Remus?" Harry called, looking for his so-called uncle. 
"Harry? Is that you?" Remus seemed to appear out of a door in the wall that seemed far too small for a human.
"I'm so glad you're here." Remus engulfed Harry in his arms and Harry just seemed to allow himself to be hugged.
"I think we ought to sit..." Lupin motioned to the two armchairs in the corner of his office
"But what about Sirius?" Harry asked, bewildered as Remus's eye flickered to Ron's who shrugged, mouthing "It was all I could think of"
"Later, my boy. Later, but now we'll talk." Harry sat and so did Remus, Ron took the hint and disappeared to find Hermione and confirm the plan.
"Now, Harry. Dumbledore let me know what happened on the astronomy tower last week." Remus placed a hand on Harry's upper arm, but Harry's gaze was fixed to the side and out of the window, which unfortunately faced the tower itself.
"Now, I understand how you must be feeling-" Remus began as tentatively as he could.
"How?" He shot back, angrily "how could you possibly know how I'm feeling?" Harry yelled, finally looking at Lupin, who's gaze dropped. 
"Harry..." He tried
"No, Remus!" Harry sprung from the chair "How could you possibly understand consciously killing someone that you love just to save yourself?" Remus shook his head slightly
"That's right, Remus! You can't! You can't because... Because-" tears streamed from Harry's eyes, dribbling down his chin "Why do they always die, Remus? Why does everyone keep dying on me?" He sobbed bent double in the chair and burning his face into his hands before Remus was beside him.
"There's someone you need to talk to, Harry," Remus said earnestly.

The doors to the infirmary were large and white, the intricate metal handles felt strong and safe. Harry had found himself inside these doors too many times to count, though usually, he was within, looking at the reverse of these doors.
Remus pushed on the latch and they swung open, the wing was almost empty. The pink sunset light seemed to fill the room with a candy-floss colour.
On the far left hand side, lay a delicate pale blond figure.

Always
S.