Chapter Ten: The Secrets of Dumbledore

"Professor, I'm concerned. . ." Myrddin sat in front of Dumbledore. Who carefully examined the mark at his collarbone.

His twinkling eyes carefully examined the intricateness to the mark. A frown crawled over his face as he pulled his wand from his pocket.

"I understand, Myrddin. But how did this happen?" He questioned, placing his wand at the wound.

Myrddin sat silently. He didn't exactly think that Dumbledore would hear about the whole snogging thing. Myrddin sighed, looking away.

"Suppose I pushed a bit too hard. With my teasing and all." He stated, wincing as the seal reacted to Dumbledore's magic.

Dumbledore frowned as the magic between both his wand and Tom's collided. He pulled his wand away in a huff.

"Difficult magic. . ." He whispered, looking back up to Myrddin.

"Sir?" Dumbledore's eyes lost their twinkle before he pulled away.

Myrddin noticed a certain grim look in his eyes. Dumbledore paced the floor in front of Myrddin. Myrddin sat there dumbfounded, confused as to why Dumbledore reacted so strangely.

"What's wrong, sir?" He questioned quickly, rising to his feet; quickly fixing his collar again.

Dumbledore turned back to the boy. His face was shrewd and concerned. The room darkened; the candles around the two began to flicker out. Causing a certain eeriness to fill the room.

He lifted his wand out towards the boy. With a wave of his wand, the two Serpents from Myrddin's mark materialized. Shooting themselves from his chest. Myrddin screamed in surprise as the two snakes landed in front of him.

Dumbledore pointed his wand towards the Serpents. The two snakes hissed, making their attack towards him.

"Vipera Evanesca." He stated calmly, flicking his wand forward.

The two snakes were seemingly caught in an invisible flame. Disintegrating into an ashy black plume of smoke. Myrddin watched in amazement as he held onto his collarbone.

He looked back up to Dumbledore, who crossed his arms. He placed his wand in his armpit.

"This, this, was powerful magic Myrddin. Magic that is both dark and light." He stated, holding up his hand. With a wave of his hand, the candles began to reignite in flame.

Myrddin's mind raced through his memory of charms and magics. His eyes widened as he gripped onto his robes.

"Love magic. . ." Myrddin whispered, causing the aged Dumbledore to nod.

Dumbledore moved over to his desk, placing his wand down. He looked back over to Myrddin, setting himself on his desk.

"Yes, terrible yet magnified magic. It seems that that spell was meant for somebody else, however." He stated, looking up to Myrddin.

"I do highly suspect it has something to do with the other markings on your neck." He stated, walking towards Myrddin.

Myrddin's face turned red, causing him to look away. Dumbledore saw this before smiling. He placed his hand on Myrddin's shoulder.

"Just tell me what happened, Myrddin." Dumbledore reassured the young Myrddin.

Myrddin frowned, looking away.

"Where do I start. . ."

The pair of Myrddin and Dumbledore stood in front of one another. Dumbledore held back his laughter as the red Myrddin told his story. In the end, Dumbledore wiped his eye and chuckled.

Myrddin sat in front of him, embarrassed. Dumbledore held out his hand, a bowl of candies floated over landing on the table between the two. Inside the bowl were little pink candies. Dumbledore took one and looked back to Myrddin.

"Quite a humourous tale. However, it seems you've really caught the attention of Tom, Myrddin." He stated, looking to Myrddin with a smile.

"Really, sir?" Myrddin questioned, taking one of the pink candies.

"Yes, of course. It's not every day that a powerful wizard makes certain that nobody else will snog you." Dumbledore retorted with a laugh.

Myrddin sat in disbelief so much so he couldn't even finish his piece of candy. He huffed, looking to Dumbledore.

"I suppose your plans are working out, professor." Myrddin stated, rising to his feet.

Dumbledore laughed, also rising to his feet.

"No, no, merely that the Lesser Prince of Charms is working his own charm."

Myrddin laughed, turning around to the door.

"Less that, professor. . . More of Tom * an active step to collect me. . ." Myrddin stated, looking towards Dumbledore. Concern filling his look, he pulled his hand out from his robes.

"Collect you?" Dumbledore questioned, looking up to Myrddin.

"Yes, sir. . . Surely, you've seen the amount of blokes he's coarsed to join his group. I assume he wants me to do the same." Myrddin explained, looking to Dumbledore.

Dumbledore frowned, losing the twinkle in his eyes. He looked out the window before looking back to Myrddin.

"Right now, you have his trust and his need for your ability. You are in the most dangerous phase. What you do now could impact the outcome of our plan." Dumbledore stated suddenly being alerted by a ringing sound from his vest pocket.

His eyes focused on the sound. From his pocket, he pulled his pocket watch open. His face turned serious before he looked to Myrddin. A hint of guilt was reflected in his eyes.

With a quick flick of his wand, his coat and hat flew towards him.

"I'm sorry, Myrddin, as pressing as this is. I have another important matter to attend to." He pulled on his coat and hat. He placed his wand within his coat.

"What do you mean, professor? What's going on?" Myrddin questioned, watching as Dumbledore rushed about the room.

Dumbledore came to a stop, turning back to Myrddin.

"I made an oath. . . To my brother, to the Wizarding world and really myself. That I would stop the man who now causes the greatest pain of this world." He pulled his watch from his pocket.

The whistling watch pulled itself open before levitating from his hand. Quickly floating over towards Myrddin's hand.

Myrddin gazed into the reflection, finding the image of the darkest wizard of his age. His eyes widened, and the shock nearly caused him to drop the watch. He closed it, looking to Dumbledore with disbelief.

"Gellert Grindelwald?"