Chapter Twenty-One: A Hundred and One Uses of Phoenix Tears

"I must say Mr. Wilde, although considering that you had a terrible evening last night. This paper is brilliant!" Slughorn exclaimed, taking Myrddin under his arm.

"Thank you sir, it took a rather long time to research." Myrddin replied, walking with Slughorn.

"Is it true that this phoenix of yours has the capabilities to form an anti-venom for every venom known to man?" He questioned, which was answered by a nod from Myrddin.

"Indeed, sir, although I believe most Phoenixes can do this, sir." Myrddin answered, causing Slughorn to laugh in excitement.

"Very well done, Mr. Wilde. As well as I must also applaud you on successfully making such excellent potions today. I shall be sending this information to the Ministry for your N.E.W.T.'s. Do tell me what areas you wanted to explore after your time here in Hogwarts?" Slughorn questioned, stopping just outside the entrance of the Potions classroom.

Myrddin looked to the shorter professor before talking.

"I was hoping to go into an auror job. Seeing how splendid the job seems to be. Also, I'd like to become a Magihistorian." He stated, crossing his arms in front of Slughorn.

"I see! Rather, excellent job fields for someone as talented as you. I was hoping to hear that you'd want to become a Potions maker. But alas, I'm sure you'll do better in those two jobs. Now, have a wonderful evening, dear boy." Slughorn stated, patting Myrddin's shoulder.

Myrddin waved farewell before he went on his way.

The next pre exam was Professor Merrythought's. Likely a test over defensive magic. Whilst Professor Lilpos would likely cover creative uses over simple spells. The test that caused Myrddin the most unease was Conjuration and Transfiguration.

Dumbledore, having seen Myrddin's impressive wand work, would likely put his magic to the test. It'd likely be the hardest test for him. However, he would pull through either way.

A gentle song filled the corridor Myrddin was walking through. His head turned back to the ceiling above. The crimson and yellow feathers of Harold the phoenix filled Myrddin's view.

Myrddin watched as the Phoenix gave a wonderful song from its beak. He cared and with a turn of his wings. He glided down towards Myrddin.

Myrddin held out his arm as the phoenix landed. Harold screeched before rubbing its head against Myrddin.

"I missed you too, Harold. Wonderful seeing you spread your wings." Myrddin whispered, patting the birds head.

It cooed before staring into Myrddin's eyes. The black of Harold's eyes seemed to put Myrddin at ease. The bird cawed once more before bowing its head towards Myrddin. Myrddin watched as the bird closed its eyes. From its eye, tears began to fall. Falling on Myrddin's forehead.

A sudden feeling of ease filled Myrddin's mind as he watched as Harold lift himself into the air. The red and yellow feathers on his tail flared in the air as he flew away. Myrddin smiled as he held onto his forehead.

"I must assume it's now one hundred and one uses of Phoenix Tears." Dumbledore remarked, walking towards Myrddin.

Myrddin watched the regalness behind Dumbledore's stride as he stopped beside Myrddin. The man was dressed in indigo robes and blue suit clothes.

Myrddin smiled before he looked to the stack of parchment in Dumbledore's hands.

"Professor Slughorn really does enjoy bragging about his students, doesn't he?"

"Indeed, although credit is due when credit is earned. Especially considering that this creative bit of writing could likely make a fine book." Dumbledore stated, beginning to walk beside Myrddin.

"However, I would like to question the outcome of you and Mr. Riddle's rendezvous." Dumbledore questioned a certain curiosity in his eyes.

Myrddin felt a rush of nervousness as he gripped onto his left arm. Dumbledore's eyes twinkled with suspicion.

"It went alright, I believe, sir. Tom also told me that he shared deep feelings with me." Myrddin blurted out, looking away with a cough.

Dumbledore's face changed so quickly that it scared Myrddin. The man looked so happy as he grabbed Myrddin's shoulders. Dropping the parchment he was just reading.

"Curious!" He exclaimed, realising his sudden change in attitude he quickly straightened himself back to his formal form.

With a flick of his hand, he summoned the parchment back into a neat pile in his hand. He cleared his throat before looking to Myrddin.

"We have much to discuss after class today, Mr. Wilde." Dumbledore calmly stated before winking.

Myrddin smirked slyly before nodding.

"Very well then, sir."