Chapter Twenty-Two: El Novio Sinistrum

"How many times have I sat with you in this office this year, sir?" Myrddin questioned, partaking in a nearby bowl of Fizzing Whizzbees.

"Not enough, Myrddin." Dumbledore stated, sitting in his office chair with an air of regalness.

"Now then, show me the mark, and we'll work backward." Dumbledore commanded, holding out his hand.

Unsurprised, Myrddin reluctantly pulled his left sleeve away. Placing it in Dumbledore's hand. Dumbledore carefully examined the mark. Intrigued the intricate amount of magic poured into this mark. He pulled his wand from his sleeve.

He placed the tip of his wand on the mark.

"Revelio." He whispered as the magic from his wand examined the magic of the mark.

A gold light traced over the dark ink before returning to his wand. Dumbledore watched as the mark glowed and reacted so naturally. He pulled his wand away before placing it on the desk.

He placed his finger upon the mark.

"Revlio Diabolica." He commanded forcibly activating the dark mark.

Doing so caused Myrddin's vision to flash between his own and Tom's. A two-way connection of sorts. Where Tom could see Myrddin's view and Myrddin could see Tom's. Myrddin watched as Tom oversaw his cronnies bullying the Muggle-born Elias Woolbourne. Myrddin felt as if Tom himself saw him in Dumbledore's office.

Myrddin's vision returned to him as Dumbledore pulled his finger away from the mark. His careful eyes examined Myrddin's panted reaction. He pulled his hand away before looking to Myrddin.

"What promise did you both make?" He questioned, causing Myrddin to give him a confused look.

"How do you know about that?" He questioned. Dumbledore frowned before he rose from his seat.

Placing himself away from Myrddin. A certain distance began to form between the two.

"Merely a very certain observation." Dumbledore stated before looking back to Myrddin.

"Similar to the love magic before. There is a certain trace of magic that follows this magic on your arm. Powerful magic." Dumbledore explained, pointing towards the tattoo.

"Magic, I've only seen once before. It's too long for me to remember." Dumbledore stated, looking away.

"What are you hiding, professor!?" Myrddin exclaimed, rising to his feet.

Dumbledore turned his head back, surprised by the sudden change in tone. Myrddin's eyes flashed red as he stood there in frustration. The snake on his arm curled around the skull. Sending a twinge of pain through his arm.

With a twist of his robe, he turned back to Myrddin. The twinkle in his eyes turned dark as he stared at Myrddin. The two stared at one another before Myrddin broke the silence.

"I'm tired of having to go in circles with you, Dumbledore. Why should I have to play this game you set me up to play? It's like you're toying with me." Myrddin stated, beginning to back away from Dumbledore.

"I will no longer play this game with you, Dumbledore." Myrddin stated, turning his back to Dumbledore.

Dumbledore, unable to ease the situation, could only watch as the boy walked away.

Myrddin burst through the doors angered. The stinging pain in his arm was running up to his shoulder. As if electricity was running through his arm.

He walked with great haste and speed. A need to hide himself filled his being. As if there was a reason plaguing him to feel ashamed at this moment. The only place he could allow himself to feel this way would be his broomcloset.

With a clear location in mind, Myrddin rushed to his broomcloset.

In his rush, not paying attention to where he was running. Myrddin crashed into Tom. The two quickly dropped to the floor. Myrddin stared into Tom's dark eyes. He pulled himself away before he wiped his eyes. Sitting himself close to the wall.

Myrddin could no longer hold it in.

His eyes bursted into tears as he tried his best to hide his face. Pulling his robe up to wipe his face as he broke down. Tom pulled himself up as he watched Myrddin.

His eyes carried a sense of confusion as he watched Myrddin cry. A wicked idea crossed the boy's mind. Tom, however, hid this by showing concern.

"Songbird? What happened?" He questioned, moving towards Myrddin.

Setting himself in front of Myrddin. Myrddin wept as he tried to say. "I. Don't. Even. Know!"

Tom held back his sneer before nodding.

"It's alright, songbird. Maybe it's best we talk somewhere more secluded." He offered, taking Myrddin's hand.

Myrddin weakly nodded before pointing to the nearby wing.

"Fizzy Whizzbees." He whispered.

Tom nodded before taking the boy towards his broom closet. A certain air of malice filled the hall. As Tom led Myrddin to his room.