Chapter Sixteen: Dumbledore's Past

Myrddin sat in his enchanted broom closet. Studying a new favorite book of his named Advanced Charm Casting. Professor Hicks or rather as she preferred Professor Lally, gave him a first edition of her book.

The charms in the book were fascinating. Creating wonderful shortcuts to rather difficult spells. Making them, in fact, easier than before. Next to this book was another named Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Again, Newt was wonderful enough to also give him a first edition signed!

A terrible nerd Myrddin turned out to be. Especially considering that he was now studying for his N.E.W.T.'s.

He had a rather broad scope of multiple fields he could choose from. However, he had two options: A Magihistorian, which was likely the best, or an Auror. Of which he now had excellent experience in.

"Accio." He held out his hand, summoning another book to him.

"Fizzy Whizzbees." Myrddin turned his head back in surprise.

The door opened before disappearing back into the wall. Dumbledore walked in, dressed in a new violet robe draped over his red and orange jumper and grey pants. His half circle spectacles shone in the light before he took them off.

"Wonderful evening, is it not Myrddin?" He questioned, summoning a chair to him.

"Indeed, professor." Myrddin replied, closing his book before looking back to Dumbledore.

"Which brings back me to the question of why you are in here instead of going on an adventure outside." He questioned, taking a Licorice Snap from the bowl next to him.

Myrddin laughed quickly, rising from his chair. Summoning a nearby metal perch with a bowl beneath it.

"Firstly, I believe I'm all adventured out considering what happened last week. Secondly, I don't have my sidekick with me." He stated, picking up a small chick from the bowl.

He placed him in front of Dumbledore. The young chick chirped at Dumbledore before jumping around. Dumbledore laughed, picking up the young chick.

"Marvelous creatures Phoenix's. There's a story in my family that a phoenix will appear whenever a Dumbledore is in need of it. And it seems your friend here helped me in my greatest need." He stated, rubbing the chick's head.

"I really didn't know that Harold was even in my bag. In fact, I hadn't even seen him that week." Myrddin stated, smiling at Dumbledore.

"Fascinating." He stated, handing the bird back to Myrddin.

Myrddin placed the bird back in its bowl before looking back to Dumbledore. Myrddin's cheerful demeanor changed as he sat in front of Dumbledore.

"Professor, Grindelwald's wand. What was so special about it that you had to lie and hide it?" Myrddin questioned, crossing his arms.

Dumbledore crossed his legs before leaning back in his chair. From his robe sleeve, he placed the wand down on the table between the two. Myrddin stared at the wand, examining the wood and design. He took it into his hands, quickly examining it closer.

"Elder wood?" Myrddin questioned with shock before pointing it downwards.

"15 inches. . . Unyielding. No, far beyond that." Myrddin whispered, sniffing the wood.

"Thestreal tail hair?" He questioned shock filled before placing the wand back down.

"This wand certainly isn't Olivander made. How did Grindelwald get a hold of such a powerful wand?" Myrddin questioned, watching as Dumbledore took the wand back.

Dumbledore paused a moment, debating on how he should explain this. With a sigh, he summoned himself to answer.

"Myrddin, you're familiar with the tales of Beedle the Bard, correct?" Dumbledore questioned, earning a nod from Myrddin.

"In the tale of the three brothers. There was the mention of the deathly hollows. Three powerful artifacts that allowed the brothers to become the masters of death. Correct?" He questioned, causing Myrddin to nod.

"The Cloak of Invisibility. Allowing one to hide from death." Dumbledore stated.

"The Resurrection Stone. Allowing one to return another from death." Myrddin felt Tom's ring burn slightly upon hearing this name.

"The Elder Wand. Allowing one power equal to death." Dumbledore lifted the wand into the air.

"Myself and Gellert fancied the idea that the tale was real. That every item existed and that if we could gather them. We could become the masters of death." Dumbledore pointed his wand in the air.

In a brilliance of light, Dumbledore seemingly summoned rays of light similar to rainbows. That exploded in fireworks that conjured into star dust.  Myrddin watched in wonder as Dumbledore held his wand before pulling it back to him.

"Gellert found the elder wand in an old wand shop. Winning its allegiance and officially taking the wand as his own." He explained, placing the wand back down.

"All for the attempt at power." Dumbledore stated, looking to the wand.

"That's why you hid it. . ." Myrddin whispered, which was answered by a nod from Dumbledore.

"Indeed, this amount of power is intoxicating. Even for me. If it fell into the wrong hands, there's no telling what someone would do with it." Dumbledore explained, taking the wand back into his sleeve.

Myrddin nodded, looking up to Dumbledore. Dumbledore smiled before pulling himself from his chair.

"However, that is besides the point. The point being that you currently have a date to attend."

"Indeed, wait, what!?" Myrddin jumped out of his chair, looking to Dumbledore in shock.

"Hm? Oh yes, this was outside the door alongside a few feathers from an owl. I must apologize, but I might've opened it before you." From his other robe sleeve, he handed Myrddin his letter.

Myrddin looked at the top of the letter reading, "Myrddin Wilde, Broomcloset in the Hall."

Myrddin ran his finger over the opening of the letter. Enchanting it to open for him. Myrddin took the letter into his hands before he began reading the intricate and beautiful handwriting.

Dear Myrddin,

I hope that this owl finds you in good health. I had trouble finding out where you were, but the owl should be enchanted to find you. However, I'd like to ask you if you'd like to have dinner with me tonight.

Meet me at the wall in the Astronomy Wing this evening.

Tom

Myrddin laughed, reading Tom's formal writing. Only to realize that this was, in fact, a date. A sense of panic filled his soul as he nearly fainted from the letter.