V

I park at Sofia's school and walk in. Ms. Ellis was gesturing me to walk over. She points to Sofia in the classroom. I see her laughing and playing with another little girl and sigh in relief.

Ms. Ellis tells me that Sofia decided to go in not long after first period ended. When Sofia notices me, she runs over and hugs me.

"You're here!" I hug her back, "ofcourse I am, I promised I'd come back."

Once she lets go, I ask her how her day was, and she tells me about Chloe's birthday party and her dog. I'm guessing Chloe's the girl she was playing with earlier.

She gets her bag and jacket, we say goodbye to Ms. Ellis and walk out of school.

Once we get home, I start making dinner while Sofia showers. After dinner, she does her homework, which exists of her coloring her name in, while I do my English homework so Ms. Jones doesn't pick on me for not doing it.

We watch her dog channel for a while and then get ready for bed. I tuck her in and tell her a bed time story, she falls asleep halfway through the story since she was probably so exhausted.

I leave her door ajar and walk over to my room.
I set my alarms, put my playlist on shuffle and try to fall asleep.

It's not what you think
These tears aren't some sweet response to tragedy
Today I can't say why they fall
Honey, it's all chemical
Don't be deceived
And don't take my bitterness as empathy
Darling, it's a broken bridge
Can you still get over it?
If you're not afraid of the water
You should dive right in
I'm not so brave but I'm gonna
Give it a try
But it'll take a little while
Can you fix my flaws?
Are you a bad excuse for therapy?
How am I supposed to live
One foot out and one foot in?

~~~

I wake up to the obnoxious sound of my alarm and grunt. Nightmares don't do me any good.
I stretch and get out of bed.

I pick out my clothes for today: flared black leggings, and a nike sweatshirt. I have work today, after detention ofcourse, so I wanna be as comfortable as possible. I get washed up, put some makeup on, straighten my hair, throw my clothes on and call it a look.

I walk over to the kitchen to make Sofia and I breakfast. Today's menu: cereal. I know, so creative and original and full of vitamins.

I make her lunch and put it in her bag, along with her water bottle and snack. After everything's done, I go wake her up.

"Good morning sunshine." Even though she's far from sunshine in the mornings. I open up her blinds, and pick her up. We're eating our breakfast while she's still waking up. Once she's finished, I put the dirty dishes in the sink, and we go pick out her outfit for today.

She chose just her little black leggings and a beige nike hoodie. I take full credit for being her inspiration for today's outfit.

She gets washed up in the bathroom, I do her hair after we both brushed our teeth. Today's hair look: a french braid. She puts on her clothes, and we're all ready to go. I get our bags, while she puts on her coat.

I lock the door and head to the car. After securing her in her seat, I drive off to her school.Hopefully today she'll be a little more comfortable going in.

I park and turn off the car. I get her out of her seat, and help her put her bag on. She takes my hand and we walk in together.