VIV

It's about an hour later, and I'm trying to study for my math test, but I just don't understand. Sofia came inside earlier and is on the couch right now watching her dog channel (she insisted we stay for dinner after Dani asked us to and I can't say no to her).

Dani's doing something on her computer, probably teacher stuff. I put my head down on the table and groan.

"You good?" I lift up my head, "I hate math with all 206 bones in my body and on top of that, I also don't have the capability to understand any of it."

She laughs while standing up and walking over to me. She leans over and puts her forearms on the counter to see my math book. Her right leg's touching my left one, but neither of us move.

She clears her throat. "Okay you have to calculate the variable expression when x is 4, which means every x you see, you have to see as 4. So an easy one is 6x, which is 6 times 4, resulting in 24. Finish those basic ones, then we'll move on."

See, when she explained it, it made sense.
My math teacher was talking chinese. Like sir, I get that you went to school for this, but no need to act like you're all that. You studied math, that's embarrassing enough.

I finish my basic worksheet pretty fast. I look over to Dani and show her my worksheet. She smiles and comes over to look at the other one.

"Next you have to decide what x is, so basically you need x on one side and your answer on the other. Meaning, in the previous one you knew what x was, now you have to calculate it.
For example 2x=10. You need to get the 2 on the other side, so your x is seperate. The left side is 2 times x, so to get it on the right side, you have to do the opposite of an equation. So you have to divide it. Meaning 10 divided by 2. Your x is 5"

Huh, I didn't know it was that simple.

"You should've been a math's teacher."

I start my worksheet, while Dani puts her stuff away. She walks over to the cabinets, and starts getting stuff out for dinner.

I finish my worksheet and put everything away. "Please let me help, I already feel bad for staying this long." I walk to the other side of the island and wash the vegetables she took out of the fridge.

"You didn't even let me say anything." I smile and nod. "Good observation."

She rolls her eyes and continues to turn the heat on for the water she put in a pot. I get a cutting board and a knive out of the rack. I start cutting all the vegetables while she does her own thing.

"Is there anything you can't do, Saylor?"

I give her a confused look. "You're creative, take care of Sofia, and you can cook too?"

I shrug my shoulders and smile. She cooks some chicken in a pan, and adds the vegetables I cut. She drains the water from the pot with rice while the chicken's cooking and then adds it. I do some dirty dishes while she's finishing it.

She gets out plates and puts them on the dinner table, along with forks and knives. She turns off the heat and puts the pan on a hot pad.

I call Sofia who was still in a dog channel zone.
She runs over and sits next to Dani, little traitor. We start eating and it's so good. The chicken melts in my mouth. The spices she put in it are heavenly together.