XVII

It's 11 right now and I'm having an amazing time. We're all on the dance floor having the time of our lives. I'm dancing with Tate, as Ezra and the other girls leave to go to the bathroom. Tate's the gayest of gays and so am I, so I don't even care about dancing with him.

He's holding my hips and swaying me to the music, I've had some drinks so I'm not really sober right now. Ezra and the girls come back by the end of the song. I'm laughing with Tate when Ezra pulls me back from Tate and away from the dance floor, she looks at me with a serious face.

"What?"
"Don't get mad."
"Ezra, just tell me."

She points towards the door, I look over and see Dani and Cami walking in with two other girls. You're kidding me. I look back at Ezra, she keeps mouthing 'it's okay'. Is it?

I nod, she grabs my hand and we head back to the group to dance with them. I keep glancing over to Dani, I don't think she's even noticed me. They're at the bar ordering drinks.

"Anyone wanna do shots?" I ask the group, they all scream yes. Ezra gives me a worried look, but I ignore it. I head to the bar, and notice Ezra following me. She hasn't left my side at all. Which I'm grateful for.

"6 shots please."
The bartender nods and gets them ready. I feel Dani's eyes on me, I look up and see her staring directly at me. I immediately break the eye-contact. Ezra noticed and looks at me.
"I'm fine Ez", we grab the shots and leave.

We put the shots down on our table and wait for everyone to grab one. I look over at Dani, she's still staring at me. I wait for Tate to count down, and then chug the shot while keeping the eye-contact with Dani. I feel it burn in my throat, I put the glass down and look away.

We all head back to the dance floor and dance to whatever song is on. I can't really think straight right now. Ezra and I are holding hands while swinging along to the beat.

I see Dani and Cami heading for the dance floor out of the corner of my eye. We make eye-contact as Cami has her hands on Dani's hips. I roll my eyes and look away. Ezra gives me a confused look, I motion towards them.

"I'm going to the bathroom", I walk away and feel Ezra pulling my arm. "Ez, I'm fine, I just have to pee. Go have fun, I'll be right back."
I give her a reassuring smile and she lets go.

I head towards the bathroom. I'm not fine, I'm panicked. I walk over to the sink and hold my wrists under cold water. As soon as I walk in, someone else does too. I look over and see Dani walking in. She scans the room to see if anyone's in here, before walking towards me.

"Saylor."

I keep my head low, looking at my hands. I try to focus on the cold water on my wrists.

"Saylor. I didn't even know you'd be here.
I promised her last week I'd go with her to a new bar, that's where we went at first and it sucked. Then her friends showed up and they dragged me here."

I close my eyes and try to drown out her voice.

"Saylor, please."

She lightly touches my arm. I flinch and look up.

(POV Dani)

She looks up at me with teary eyes. I didn't even know she'd be here. I went to Cami's house after school to eat and get ready, because I didn't want her in my house. And that way I'd have my car.

I felt my stomach turn when I drove past her in the parking lot. I could see the hurt in her eyes. The same hurt I'm seeing now. I didn't know whether I should text her or not, so I didn't. She probably wouldn't have answered anyways.