XXVI

As soon as we meet up with Sofia and Lainey, Sofia runs to Saylor and begs her to leave to go trick or treating. Saylor laughs and nods before glancing over to me. I give her a small nod and she smiles.

"Okay, Sofia, say thank you to everyone."
Sofia gives her an annoying sigh before turning to Lainey and me, "thank you, bye." Lainey laughs and says bye to Sofia before turning to Saylor.

"Thank you for helping me out today, I really appreciate that." Saylor smiles, "ofcourse, it was nice meeting you." She grabs Sofia's hand before looking at me. Right, she's waiting.

"I'll meet you guys outside."
She nods and walks towards the exit with Sofia.

Now, for the hardest part. I give Lainey a hug, "thanks for today, even though you kind of forced me to." She laughs while returning the hug. "So, Saylor, huh?" I sigh, "mhm, what about her?"
She raises an eyebrow, "she's nice."
"She is."
"And pretty."
"Mhm."
"So you guys are?"
"Friends."
"How'd you meet again?"
"The park."
"You invite all your friends to your sister's work events?"
"Ha ha."
"I like her."
"Good for you."
"Do you?"

I sigh. "It's complicated, Lainey."
"Yeah, love's so complicated." She grins.
"She's my student."

Damn. I shouldn't have said that. It just slipped out, because she honestly wouldn't stop asking questions.

She doesn't say anything for a while, she's in her head, probably trying not to yell at me in front of this entire room full of people. I brace myself for the lecture that's about to come.

"She worth it?"

What? Wait- what's happening right now.
I frown, "what?"

"You've never looked happier, Dani. Sure she's your student, but you met her before school started, right? Before you knew you were her teacher?" I nod. "Then it's up to you to decide if she's worth it."

I give her a small smile before walking towards the exit.

Worth it? Worth what? I'm confused as to what she meant by that. She's my student, I'm her teacher. I can't just stop teaching because I have some feelings, feelings I can't even place.

I spot their car and walk over, she rolls down the window when she sees me. "I'll meet you guys at your apartment." She nods and rolls the window back up. They drive away as I get in my car.

I take a deep breath before starting my car.

Feelings?
Friends?
Feelings..?
No, friends.
Right?

I arrived at their apartment without noticing, I even remembered how to get there without setting up the maps. I turn off my car and walk up to their front door.

It opens even before I could knock. I smile.

"Well, hello missy. You excited?"
She nods her head heavily before running back inside. I head in and close the door behind me.
"Where's your sister?"
"Getting ready ofcourse!"
"Aha, ofcourse."
"Are you gonna get dressed?"
"Um, I don't think so, Soof."
"But why not?"
"I don't have anyth-"

"Sure she is, Soof. I'll find something."
I look up and see Saylor walking out of her bedroom, she looks stunning. She's wearing a beautiful blue-ish dress, it has a corset top that flows perfectly into a skirt. I swallow.

"SAYLOR!" You looks so pretty!" Sofia runs over and hugs her big sister, "aw, thanks, Soof. Go to the bathroom before we leave." She puts her down and waits for her to close the bathroom door.